Search Unity

Lighting issue with a smoke visual effects graph

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by unitynewcomer, May 28, 2019.

1. unitynewcomer

unitynewcomer

Hey guys, I'm using Unity 2019.1.3f1 and I followed a tutorial to create a visual effects graph for smoke particle effects. This is the tutorial:

The issue I'm having is a green tint showing in the smoke particles that I can't get rid of.

The colour of the smoke is orange in the graph but you can see a bright green colour within the smoke. I double checked my visual effects graph and it's exactly the same as the tutorial and I tried disabling individual attributes in the graph but nothing fixed this. The flipbook texture also doesn't seem to have any effect on the green colour that appears.

Now, when I move the point light towards right side of the smoke, the green colour appears in the shadowy part, the exact opposite of the above pic.

Where green colour appears within the smoke seems to depend on the light direction. But curiously, If I change the smoke colour to red or purple instead of yellow/brown, the green tint goes away no matter where you place the light.

The issue persisted when I switched point light with spotlight.

I updated my graphics card driver to eliminate that possibility. I updated the engine and made new projects but that didn't solve the issue either.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be really grateful. I wanted to make a really kool scene with smoke but now I'm stuck at this part :/
    Please help!

2. ZheaktheGeek

ZheaktheGeek

Wish I could help more, I'm actually having this issue as well, done step by step everything in the tutorial, etc. It seems that the green light only comes from the side that the light is NOT hitting (the shader looks correct on the surface that the light hits, but is green on the side that it is passing through)

Keeping an eye on this post, I'm stuck on this for just over an hour now.

3. unitynewcomer

unitynewcomer

Yeah, it's frustrating to have this bug because playing with visual effects is fun but I can't use them in any of my portfolio projects. Hoping it gets fixed soon.

4. kdgalla

kdgalla

I notice you have a drak blue background. Do you have blue skybox, blue shadows, or blue fog? I have a feeling that the green could be a blend of the orange and some blue from somewhere.

5. skilfuldriver

skilfuldriver

gizmo55 likes this.
  6. psomgeorg

psomgeorg

i had the issue with the green color and fixed it by making a new diffusion profile and add it, however i have an issue that when i move around the smoke the quads change very abnormal breaking the illusion and making it fake as hell
    upload_2019-7-21_19-40-49.png
    upload_2019-7-21_19-41-3.png

7. psomgeorg

psomgeorg

It has to do with the orientation of the lighting
    upload_2019-7-21_19-46-35.png

upload_2019-7-21_19-46-54.png

8. ikriz

ikriz

Noticed this aswell setting the lumen to 70000000000000000 works :)

9. Lobo-Kaiser

Lobo-Kaiser

10. h38

h38