Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Lighting differences between 5.2 and 5.4

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by HemiMG, May 27, 2016.

1. HemiMG

HemiMG

My project looks very different in 5.4 than it did in 5.2, and I'm hoping that maybe it's a simple matter of a settings change and not some fundamental new thing. I've attached two screenshots. I forgot to label them, but Unity 5.2 is the one on top with the much lower framerate and the functioning rendertextures. ;-)

Screenshot (106).png Screenshot (107).png

I'm not really happy with the results in 5.4 at all. The light bar above the bleachers has very spotty inconsistent lighting and the offices in the back look like they are lighting themselves up. The blue light bar on the bottom of the carpeted section is also casting a lot more light onto the tiled floor. That doesn't really bother me, and made me think that turning down the intensity of the emission would kill some of the light on the offices. It did make it darker, of course, but it still doesn't have the smooth lighting that it did in 5.2. It kinda looks like it is being lit by some source that nothing else is.

In addition to the much faster framerate, 5.4 also kills the specular fireflies that were there in 5.2. So it would be really nice if I could get everything looking as nice as it did in the previous version.