Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Lighting bugged with speedtrees when changing scene in runtime

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by camel82106, Nov 13, 2015.

1. camel82106

camel82106

Hello,
    I'm having problem with speedtrees lighting. I'm using precomputer realtime GI and speedtrees in scene.
    Bake light probes for trees is enabled on terrain.

If I load main scene directly at start everything is ok. It looks like this. Trunks of trees are lit ok:

But if I load main scene from menuscene. It looks like this... (trunks of trees are black)

Bug is still opened from 14.10.2015 bug 736233. I cannot reproduce it on latest beta. Because building of project will crash on it. Bug 743523...

Speedtrees were one of most proclaimed feature of Unity 5 release. So I don't understand how they could be so near of unusable state in stable versions of Unity.

Thanks
    Peter

2. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

That electricity tower on the right also looks darker, so I don't think it's related to speedtree, but rather GI data not loading/saving with the scene (a bug that's been there forever). Try to set GI baking to manual in Ligthing settings and click the Bake button for your main scene. See if that helps.

3. camel82106

camel82106

Yes I'm aware of that bug. But I have set lighting baking to manual. I have tried all combinations like menuscene baked, mainscene baked. Or Menuscene lighting cleared mainscane baked. But still this issue remains. Note that I'm using deffered lighting.

4. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Tried looking at the bugs, and for one reason or another there are no projects attached - so it's not possible for us to folllow up and repro the bug. Could you please re-submit?

5. camel82106

camel82106

I have resubmitted it. Case 74487. If there will be no project attached. (and that's probably possible, because I'm always uploading project and these cases were uploaded with positive message, although it's really big project). I will upload it on my web. Please let me know if it's there.

Please note that building of this project is crashing on latest version. 5.3.0f1 I can build it on 5.2.2p3.
    Still I was reportint it with 5.3 because it's same bug. Crashing only on 5.3 dark trees is problem of both versions...

Regards
    Peter

6. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

I think you missed a number in the updated case # ?

7. camel82106

camel82106

You are right sorry:
    Its 744875

8. camel82106

camel82106

I have tried to build project on Unity 5.3.0f2.
    And at last it has worked without crash.

But problem with dark trees is still there when changing scene. Ghost trees effect is new...
    You can see it on this video:

https://virtualo.org/Virtual-O_ghost_trees.avi

Please note that if I build project that will start directly in this scene without menu scene. Ghost trees effect is not there.
    And dark trees problem goes away. Still basically unusable state. To get it working I cannot change scene.

Regards
    Peter

9. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Question: are you using multi-scene editing ?

10. camel82106

camel82106

I have checked it for sure and I'm using
    Application.LoadLevel()
    for loading level so no. I'm not yet using features of multi-scene editing.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  11. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Ok, was checking as lightmap baking is still not automatic with multi-scene scenarios yet. QA is investigating the bug.