Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Light rendering changes on version 2019.4.21 from 2019.4.19

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by AumPatel, Feb 25, 2021.

1. AumPatel

AumPatel

As seen in the screenshots attached, the lighting is rendered completely differently on 2019.4.21. I have not changed any settings only upgraded to the project from unity hub.

I tried changed then colour space option from Gamma to Linear, however this is not a desired solution as it flattens out most of the lighting.

I do not understand why this would be happening. Upgrading from 2019.4.16 to 2019.4.19 was no issue.

Any insight on this would be helpful.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. bgolus

bgolus

Looks like in the .19 version the ambient lighting hasn't been calculated, where as in .21 it is.

3. xaid045

xaid045

I've successfully enabled post-processing effects and see them working. But the Bloom effect seems to not be applied to rendering no matter how I change the settings. led lighs, No error messages are shown. I have light-emitting materials applied to meshes that had worked previously to generate post-processing bloom in Unity 2018.x+. My project is on Unity 2019.4.0f1, built-in pipeline, Mac OS X 10.14.6.

unityunity