Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Light Probes problem

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Hanakgordon, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Hanakgordon

Hanakgordon

2. Hanakgordon

Hanakgordon

Hello,

I have in my work the unity5 beta 9 and I have a problem with lightprobes. I use the legacy lightmapping (classic prerendered lightmaps and light probes). My selected object has enabled (use lightprobes).
    But my object is still dark. Any idea how I can solve this problem? (In Unity 4 works without problems)

Thank you!

Sam

3. Kuba

Kuba

Hey Sam,

You should use one of the new workflow modes as the legacy one is going away very soon. If there's something not working correctly in the Iterative or On Demand modes however, please file a bug and we'll take a look.

4. Hanakgordon

Hanakgordon

In realtime Gi modes (iterative or on Demand) lightprobes works correctly. Classic lightmap computing mode (now as legacy) will be removed or it will be supported in future? Thank you!

5. willgoldstone

willgoldstone

Unity Technologies

As Kuba said, "the legacy one is going away very soon". It's just left in this build, but won't be our lighting solution. The workflow however is of course replicated by the On Demand mode.

shkar-noori likes this.
  6. Hanakgordon

Hanakgordon

Ok thank you for the answer. On demand mode will be more settings for AO? (now is only AO exponent) .
    Would be good to have more setting as AO max distance, radius etc).

7. Kuba

Kuba

More AO settings are already available in lightmap parameters. It's an asset that contains a bunch of settings.
    It can either be assigned globally (not sure if that's in the current public beta, if not, it will be in the next one) or per renderer (in Lighting/Lightmapping > Object tab).

8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

(it's not in beta 9)

But the per renderer option does exist and it works.