Search Unity

Question Light probes + Instancing not working properly on Android Settings

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by carcasanchez, Jul 31, 2020.

1. carcasanchez

carcasanchez

Hello again! Maybe you remember me from this thread, where I complain about Light probes not working properly with instanced meshes (spoiler: I have to use a Light Probe Proxy Volume, and everything works fine).
    BUT.
    I am developing an app for Oculus Quest. I usually work on PC settings, because I mainly use the Quest with Oculus link. Everything works perfect here. See the nice variation in light in the instanced meshes.
    upload_2020-7-31_12-6-32.png
    BUT.
    If I switch the build settings to Android (I want to do a full Quest version):
    upload_2020-7-31_12-13-38.png
    They turn all the same color! Now they are black, but if I restart the game, they could turn to any color from the probes at random, but always all meshes the same color.

At first I thought It was a problem with the Quest itself (hardware constrains), but I have found that just switching from PC to Android settings triggers this issue.

So, what I should do now? It is this supposed to work as is? Seems weird to me that instancing works in Android, Light Probes work in Android, but them combined fail (and fail partially, because the probes are tinting the instanced meshes, just not in the correct way). Should I report a bug, or there's a way to solve this already?

PS: yes, I am using a LPPV.