Search Unity

Light Probes doesn't capture the lighting

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Linkooo, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Linkooo

Linkooo

Hi !
    I have created a cornell box to try the light probes but they do not capture the lighting information only the environment lighting from the skybox so if i turn the intensity down they are completely dark:

And here are the settings of the box:

2. FlaxenFlash

FlaxenFlash

It doesn't really look like there is any light baking going on there at all. Does your box have lightmap uvs? The fact that it has some of the probes highlighted when you have the box selected implied to me that it is trying to use the probe data to light itself because it didn't actually generate any lightmaps in the first place

3. Linkooo

Linkooo

My box has UVs, the box can use the light probes because it uses the Blend Probes option but i haven't found how to bake the irradiance information on the probes (it's an alternative to using static lightmaps). I do that easily in Blender EEVEE i don't know why it stays black in Unity.

4. Stardog

Stardog

Your light has to be baked.

5. Linkooo

Linkooo

I have used the mixed option for the light to keep real time shadows but it only bakes the direct lighting on my light probes. Using baked only for the light and static for the mesh gives the direct lighting only too:

6. FlaxenFlash

FlaxenFlash

Is there anything in the Global Maps tab in the lighting window?

7. Linkooo

Linkooo

Yes it's written LightingData.