Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Light Probes 2018.4 Bug? Broken Project...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Homicide, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Homicide

Homicide

Been doing a fair bit of light work lately, and asset construction, so needless to say i have a huge project full of all sorts of stuff across many different scenes etc. But, there is no code running anything, there is no game so to say, it is literally a project to evaluate my assets, assemble prefabs, reorganize etc, etc. No game, no codes, no nothing. Just some plain old assets.

Now, onto the lighting issue. I was testing some of my emissive models, and at this time i decided to bake a few simple lightmaps and run some light probe tests, just get a feel for what i was working with. The only real changes made were to skybox and sun source <NONE>, and to ambience lighting, full black, zero light.

I have a giant emissive glowing barrel in the test scene, i set up the light probes and baked the lighting, and everything is fine, at first. Upon completion of the bake, everything in the scene is fine, and the dynamic object is lit as expected. But any action taken immediately breaks the light probes it seems. The dynamic object which is lit directly after baking, goes pure black as soon as its moved, or play is pressed, anything. Any one single action taken after completing the bake instantly breaks the lighting on the dynamic object.

I made a whole new project just to test this, and the messed up thing , is its fine. But somehow , in my other project, it simply does not work. It just broke.

No settings are different than that as i explained. There's no scripts to worry bout nothing. Not to mention , that in the new project, duplicating all those settings was fine. Has anyone ever experienced their light probes failing to work at all?

I also tried wiping the library and project settings, but aside from causing a 40 minute wait on startup (due to reimporting and configuring after deleting those) , there was zero change, and the issue persists.

2. Homicide

Homicide

Here is a quick vid hi-liting the issue. Sorry for the crap quality, poor pc cant take much more i think. lol.

Anyways, if anyone has any thoughts or insight, thanks muchly.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CCFlTtU2Jd0cbUcu-MgtWGpbmPJ1BnHF

As you can see, the light is being casted onto her directly after the bake... but as soon as play is pushed...