Search Unity

Question Light Probe support?

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by col000r, Dec 10, 2020.

1. col000r

col000r

I have a custom shader graph, but it only shows black when everything else takes lighting info from my light probe group. I know I should use the Baked GI node to add this to my shader, but how?

Can anyone explain how to hook it up?
    Where do I get the values from that I need to feed into it and what do I do with its output?

The_Swiss_Guy and AntonioModer like this.
  2. col000r

col000r

and I'd also be very interested to learn how to hook up the Ambient node. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. James_M_SteamrollerStudios

James_M_SteamrollerStudios

There are a few videos by the amplify shader team members that briefly describe how to use light probes with your Shader. I believe this was the video I watched.

In short the "Light" section of nodes takes light information to be used and interpreted in your shader graph. You can see the node examples here. vv
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/bes...er-creation-tool.430959/page-128#post-6637426

4. James_M_SteamrollerStudios

James_M_SteamrollerStudios

Its going to be a combination of nodes. I don't particualarly know the best way to do it at the moment. That video should shed some light on both of your questions.

5. doublehitgames

doublehitgames

Do u mean Ambient Oclusion? Sample:
    The texture is a Black and Wite.
    AO Intensity is a float multply with range 0 - 1.

upload_2020-12-30_16-19-34.png

florianhanke likes this.
  6. col000r

col000r

nah, ambient oclusion is something else.

I'm still looking for a way to add light probe support (so my custom shader would work with baked lights) and proper Environment Lighting support (so my shader could take on light from the environment gradient or skybox.