Search Unity

"Light Probe Proxy Volume is unsupported by the current graphics hardware or API configuration"

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by GiraffeAndAHalf, Apr 24, 2020.

1. GiraffeAndAHalf

GiraffeAndAHalf

I'm trying to enable Light Probe Proxy Volume on a very simple test scene (a plane and a sphere), and am getting the above error, and haven't been able to figure out what is causing the issue.

"Light Probe Proxy Volume feature is unsupported by the current graphics hardware or API configuration"

I'm not using an ancient graphics card, and the docs say it needs Shader Model 4, which is DX10 which I exceed.

things I've tried:
    I've tried multiple versions of unity including 2020.1b, 2019.3.10, and 2019.3.6
    I've tried changing the ProjectSettings to target DX11
    I've changed just about every button in the Lighting tab to just about any configuration.

Any common issues that prevent this from working?

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

This should not be happening. I've tried it just now myself, I was not able to reproduce the problem. Could you please submit a bug report so that we could take a look? Thanks.

3. kkrg001

kkrg001

I'm not a questioner, but I have a similar problem.
    So I think it's a mistake to say that it shouldn't happen.
    Is this function disabled in URP in the first place?
    In that case, I find it difficult to match large dynamic objects to the background in URP.

rezaalidad likes this.
  4. uy3d

uy3d

Unity Technologies

URP doesn't support LPPVs, and there's no plan for URP to support them in the future.

Salvador-Romero likes this.
  5. INedelcu

INedelcu

Unity Technologies

In built-in render pipeline, the LPPV support has to be enabled from Project Settings. The Tier Settings in Graphics Settings must enable LPPV support.

Attached Files:

6. kkrg001

kkrg001

This is a suggestion.If you're unwilling to support it, why not delete them?
    About those unsupported tools
    The time to try, look up, ask questions is a real waste of time.

Salvador-Romero likes this.
  7. uy3d

uy3d

Unity Technologies

LPPVs are still supported by the builtin pipeline.

8. Salvador-Romero

Salvador-Romero

I was getting very confused using LPPV properly on Windows, UWP, Mac, but on Android it was just not working. Built-in render pipeline.

One of your fellow co-worker just let me know in other thread that support for Android has just been added in 2020.2.
    I think @kkrg001 is right: A warning on the Editor or better docs would have been of much help. Perhaps you'd like to give a heads-up to the docs team or something.

Thanks!

9. kkrg001

kkrg001

I haven't touched builtin, so I don't know, but
    The problem is that it looks like it can be used in URP (though it cannot be used).