Search Unity

Light map UV's always missing on ProBuilder prefab.

Discussion in 'World Building' started by sd_trent, Jun 12, 2021.

1. sd_trent

sd_trent

Hey guys,

I have several probuilder prefabs that seemed to have become corrupted after updating from probuilder 4.5 to 5.0.3. As you can see in the screen shot I've included, my model is completely black. If I click on "Generate Lightmap UVs" it fixes the problem, but when I exit prefab mode and re-enter it, the problem is back. I've also tried Tools -> Probuilder -> Repair -> Rebuild Shader Caches and get the same behavior.

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 11.05.54 AM.png

Also, If I check the Lightmap UV Editor windows, it says there are meshes that have missing lightmaps. If I click on Build Missing Lightmap UV's nothing happens and the message stays there.

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 11.17.58 AM.png

This problem is affecting me because I get this error when I try to bake my lights:
    Line 215 in Verify - Geometry geom de0427717d51c37aeab0b28dbd9590fd: Index 0 has value 0 that reads non-finite value nan in channel 4, element 0

I believe this error comes from the fact that my probuilder prefab has its lightmaps corrupted. Any insights on how I can solve this would be very helpful. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Doomlaser

Doomlaser

I run into this problem constantly too. Sometimes I can get it to work, but it almost seems like a random incantation. When it's not working, I'll always have the option in the ProBuilder MeshFilter to "Generate Lightmap UVs". But it seems like they don't stick, or *almost always* don't stick.

More help here would be appreciated

3. mat108

mat108

ProBuider is so unbelievably bad

sd_trent likes this.