Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Light map looks good in editor but messed up in build unity 2019

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by strongbox3d, Aug 13, 2022.

1. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello guys,

I have been breaking my head with this problem for a while now, I googled it and found some stuff but none solve the problem. First of all, we build the player in a server and we use github for sending the projects to the server. With that out of the way, I created a project for WebGL for a client, I am using Unity 2019. The problem as noted in the title is that my light maps look correctly in the editor or even if I build a local WebGL player and testing it with Servez and WebGL simulator I have. But as soon as it is built in the server and opened in the website, all the UVs of the light maps are messed up. Please see attachment(The top image is how it looks in editor and the bottom image is how messed up looks in the website). I would appreciate a lot if someone can shed some light on this problem. What could be? Where to look in project settings or anywhere else in Unity that could be messing the light maps.

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,
    Carlos ActualLookInEditor_And_LocalWebGL_simulator.jpg ActualLookInWebsite_WebGL_Build.jpg

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello! Which Unity editor version are you using? Are you using Asset Bundles?

Could you please submit a bug report as per these guidelines? In the bug title, add "assign to light transport team" so that our CQA would process it faster.

3. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello kristijonas_unity,

I don't believe it is a bug because only happens with this project out of several other environments I have followed the same steps with. My hope is that someone had gone through the same type of issue and found a solution for it and would like to share the solution or at least to point out where problems could reside. I am not using Asset Bundles, and the Unity version is 2019.4.16f1.

Regards,
    Carlos

4. NoteMEdown

NoteMEdown

I have the same issue. Weird part for me is, all my scenes worked fine, then, seemingly out of nowhere, all scenes lightmaps look horribly wrong (similar to above) on builds only. Unity 2022