Search Unity

Bug Light issues in Unity causing unusable lighting in entire scene

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Logan123451, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Logan123451

Logan123451

I will share an image of both what my light looks like and my lighting settings, this light was working perfectly before but now no matter what light I put into the scene it has this issue and I can't figure out what the issue is. As you can see every light gives off weird glitchy lights and as you move around those lights shift with you. The player also has a flashlight and this light also has the same effect, I would share a video if I could as I believe that is the only way to fully see the issue but to my understanding I cant upload a video here.
    I am simply trying to have a light on in the house when my player enters but it appears that is a difficult task for unity lol. It seems like the weird lighting glitches depend on the position of the camera and are affected by which angle you are looking at the from. I am using standard render pipeline any help would be very much appreciated as I do not want to restart my project over this Screenshot (214).png Screenshot (213).png Screenshot (212).png Screenshot (213).png Screenshot (212).png

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  2. Logan123451

Logan123451

Edit: even when there are absolutely no lights in the scene this bug is still occurring with the weird light flickers. Starting to think this might be less of a light problem and have to do with something else, just not sure what could be causing this error

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Perhaps doubled geometry resulting in Z-fighting? Although the shapes you show don't look like it...

Or maybe wonky normals in your geometry?

The way it lines up with that table leg makes me think it might be shadow related... did you try turning off realtime shadows? I'm not actually sure how well realtime and baked shadows play together in any case... :)

Logan123451 likes this.
  4. Logan123451

Logan123451

As I am new to game design, I had to look up and do some research about what you meant by Z-fighting, but now I see that is my issue and I know how to fix it now, thank you!

Kurt-Dekker likes this.