Search Unity

Light Explorer suggestion

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by radiantboy, Oct 16, 2019.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

This tool is amazing!! One thing, you have to click that link to make it find references in the scene, this takes a good 15 minutes of disk churning on my pc and huge project. Why not just have it so when you click the name it brings up the relevant material? this would save me/others literally DAYS of pain ! If it worked that way I could do my work in 20 mins, right now it's hours of pain....unity virtually hangs searching the scene too, for A LONG TIME. MOSTLY I might add, this whole problem is caused by Unity automatically selecting emission and setting it to black on almost every material I have for no reason at all. Major bug in unity imho, im asusming emissions and black does nothing but who knows, a million games might be slow right now due to this ludicrous bug.

Thanks again for the tool, please fix that bit!..

2. radiantboy

radiantboy

Yeah I was REALLY dumb, I didn't realise when you tap one it shows up the material prefectly in the inspector and you can fix it easily from there!.."My bad" as Ive seen said..its a concise way to say it I guess. Nice job, this tool is saving my soul and many cpu cycles.. does anyone know if black emission actually uses any cycles in the first place? and why unity sets it automatically for you?...

also my "default-material" has emission black set and I cannot edit it, how do you change that?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019