Search Unity

Light effects on terrain

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by leo_dev76, Mar 6, 2021.

1. leo_dev76

leo_dev76

Hi everybody,

I’m asking for your help today because I have a problem with my game about rendering the terrain at night.
    I tried several manipulations by adjusting the lighting settings or turning off the shadows but I couldn’t fix the problem. It seems to me that the problem comes either from the management of light or from the shadows, since I do not have the problem when it is day. But no idea how to solve this problem... :(

Here is the night rendering, you can see lines and rounded shapes on the ground.

By day, I don’t have that problem.

Here are my configurations, I generated the light well. Maybe I have a problem in my settings? The game having a day/night cycle I can not really build the light, I am forced to use a light in realtime...
    I only have one directional light.

Thank you so much in advance for your help! :)

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey! If you have a very low intensity directional light, you might run into issues with cluster precision. I would suggest increasing your directional light intensity, and then using post processing to tone the image down. You could have an outdoors volume with a fixed exposure, and indoor volume(s) with a different exposure value.

Also, have you tried precomputing using higher quality Lightmap Parameters preset? It is currently set to Default-Medium.

As a last resort you could try clearing the GI Cache in the Preferences window.

leo_dev76 likes this.