Search Unity

Question Light baking stucked

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by YodoLuca, May 21, 2023.

1. YodoLuca

YodoLuca

Hello.

I was trying to create a baked lightmap but when i press "generate", the process stucks and a popup appears saying "SceneView.Paint waiting fo uniyt's code to finish executing " and it last like this for hours, without any progress. In addition, my ram is full meanwhile, and the editor is blocked, so I can't work on other stuffs. What is the problem? what can I do?

Attached Files:

2. Pema-Malling

Pema-Malling

Unity Technologies

Hmm.. Is the scene you are baking using any light probes per chance? One thing I would try is to close the main scene view, and then bake, checking if that makes a difference.

Regardless, this seems like a bug - and an annoying one at that, so I'd suggest filing a bug report.

3. YodoLuca

YodoLuca

thank you very much for your response!
    This is the first time I work with lights and I'm not an expert, usually i leave all the work to the runtime with all the lights in realtime, but now the scene is really expensive and I have to optimize.
    What is the meaning of "using any light probes per chance"? what are the light probes?
    I'm using a directional light and a bunch of spot lights somewhere in the map.

btw i'm gonna both try to close the scene view and bake and report the bug. Thank you again!

4. Pema-Malling

Pema-Malling

Unity Technologies

5. YodoLuca

YodoLuca

thank you!