Search Unity

Lifetime users?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by any_user, Apr 2, 2015.

1. any_user

any_user

In the segments I find the following description for the All Users segment:
    "Composite profile of everyone who has used your app in the last 90 days."

What happens after 90 days? I'd love to know how many users used the app during the full lifetime of it.

2. hyperhippo

hyperhippo

think of it more along the lines of retention. Day 1 being number of people who played yesterday and played again today. Day 7 being number of people who played a week ago that are still playing, and day 30 etc...

Anybody who hasn't played your game for more than 90 days, probably isn't going to be spending any more money in your game, and those who do would probably be statistically insignificant.

Day 120, or Day 365 retention doesn't really give a business any information because those people are still included in 90 day numbers. What would you do for someone who has been playing for years that you wouldn't do for someone after 3 months?

3. any_user

any_user

I'm not sure if I understand right. If somebody didn't play the game for 91 days, is that player still included in this profile or not? For me, the description implies that only people who played in the last 90 days are included, and everybody else is not included in this or any other profile. So the information about all the players who didn't play in the last 90 days is lost, or at least not displayable.

As you said, it doesn't make a difference if somebody didn't play for 120 or 365 days, but it's important (for us at least) to have information about how people play the game, and to have a way to display this data after 90 days of inactivity of a player. We're not using analytics to track business information (it's a premium game without IAP), it's mainly for analyzing the gameplay. I can imagine it will be very interesting to see the statistics after one year, if compared with a timeline of game updates or external events.

Let's say we want to see a graph of the average value of a custom event X from 6 months ago to now, of all users who played the game, how would we do it?

4. hyperhippo

hyperhippo

of course they are, they are included in the 90 day. each one is inclusive, your players who played in 90 days, are still included in your 30 day, 7 day and day 1

5. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hi @any_user ,

Unity Analytics keeps track of users who have had at least one session in the last 90 days. After 90 days of inactivity, that player is considered lapsed and would no longer belong to any segments.

After 90 days, the player is no longer shown to you on your dashboard (though they will still show up in the historical data in the charts). All events are timestamped, so the information isn't necessarily lost. If you wanted to look specifically at how players who joined > 90 days ago interacted with your application, you could do that through the raw data export API (when it's available).

6. any_user

any_user

Angelo, thanks for the clarification. Would it be a big deal to introduce a "lifetime users" segment?

7. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hey @any_user - I'll bring it up with my team to discuss, thanks again for the feedback!

8. any_user

any_user

Is there any news about that?

9. mpinol

mpinol