Search Unity

Feedback [LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to disconnect local IPC connection

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by jcbadboy, Jun 26, 2020.

1. jcbadboy

jcbadboy

Description of issue:

A weird ERROR is appearing in the logs of my builds, and I don't know if it could be the source of the problem: the build failed.

Unity version:

155: [Unity] Initialize engine version: 2019.3.15f1 (59ff3e03856d)

XCode version:

Cloud build is set to use the latest XCode version. ("xcodeVersion"=>"latest")

Source control:

GIT

Build target:

152: [Unity] Targeting platform: ios

Build log (relevant chunk):

56: [Unity] Launching external process: /UNITY_PATH/Unity/macos/published/Unity-2019_3_15f1/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/UnityLicensingClient.app/Contents/Resources/Unity.Licensing.Client
    57: [Unity] [Licensing::Module] Successfully launched the LicensingClient
    58: [Unity] [LicensingClient] Timed-out attempting to connect to the Licensing Client on pipe: LicenseClient-buildbot.
    59: [Unity] IPC channel to LicensingClient doesn't exist; falling back to Legacy licensing
    60: [Unity] [LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to disconnect local IPC connection
    61: [Unity] DisplayProgressbar: Unity license

Does it build locally from a fresh checkout?
    yes, a local build works.

Rabadash8820 likes this.
  2. victorw

victorw

Those licensing client errors don't mean anything, UCB doesn't use the licensing client at all but Unity isn't aware of that. I have some code that hides these errors from users but the Licensing team keep changing the log lines which means it gets exposed in the logs again.

Joe-Censored and jcbadboy like this.
  3. jcbadboy

jcbadboy

thank you for the answer.

what about this error?

37773:  + Building Unity player (ios)
    37774: + Running UPM Server installed at /UNITY_PATH/Unity/macos/published/Unity-2019_3_15f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/Server/UnityPackageManager -p 10010
    37775: Failed to start server: Error: listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use 127.0.0.1:10010
    37776: [Unity Package Manager (Upm)]
    37777: Application terminated due to an uncaught exception:
    37778: Error: listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use 127.0.0.1:10010

Could this error make the build process be marked as failure?

My build keep failing with this message at the end:

37900: Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure

Rabadash8820 likes this.
  4. jcbadboy

jcbadboy

I made some tests and seems that the name of the project's folder is impacting directly in hthe build results.

My project folder name has a space in it like this:

"Project Name"

There is any know bug/issue related to this fact?

I made a lot of changes in project and changed the name of the project folder name to "ProjectName", and it works.

5. victorw

victorw

I haven't seen that UPM application issue before, I'll pass that on to the dev who was looking into issues with stability in the latest UPM versions.

Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
    is a bit of a confusing error, I've been thinking about replacing that one. It doesn't actually mean anything by itself, what it's saying is that some time during the "execute shell" build step we detected a reason to mark the build as a failure. Since the "execute shell" build step is most of the build it's just saying that a breaking error has been detected sometime during the build.

jcbadboy likes this.
  6. victorw

victorw

Just heard back, apparently the UPM issue is also harmless and there's a log replacement for that included in our next build-service deploy

jcbadboy likes this.
  7. jcbadboy

jcbadboy

Thanks for the reply @victorw

For sure this verbose helps nothing: "Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure"

Today my current state is, because of the missing of better information on fail, I can't solve any build problems I have. Worst then that, i did already more then 20 unsuccessful builds, comsuming time and resources from that system.

I'm still here by trial and error.

8. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Any luck finding out some reasons for failing builds? I seem to have a similar issue and have no clue where to start searching. I'm seeing "Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure" and "
    Failed to start server: Error: listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use", but nothing that hints to anything specific.

9. jcbadboy

jcbadboy

As I can see there is a lot of problems happening. But after wait for unity 2019.4.3 I was able to build.
    First I needed to remove a space in the projects folder name.
    But from time to time the builds failed again with no clear reason.

10. Max_power1965

Max_power1965

Hello guys,
    I'm also having a similar problem.
    iOS
    On iOS I have a build failed with the following error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Failed to start server: Error: listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use 127.0.0.1:10010
    Android:
    On Android the build succeed, but still I have the following error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Failed to start server: Error: listen EADDRINUSE: address already in use 127.0.0.1:10010
    Any idea on how to solve the problem?

DaveGriffiths likes this.