Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

License Question

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Macupuncture, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Macupuncture

Macupuncture

I am a screen writer/ game designer that has assembled a volunteer team to make a demo game version of my animated script.
    Since everyone is volunteer and I have less than $100k in income, what are the restrictions of the license? Specifically, I'd like to have authority to use Unity one another machine (that the programmer will use).

Is installing it on another machine allowed by the EULA and if so, does the other machine need a separate authorization code (or will he use my existing code to get the auth file)?

I'm sorry if this is in the documentation, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks for your help. We have already generated some cool stuff including a rudimentary flying script that is a blast to play with.

BTW, the guy that is doing the programming is VERY impressed and whipped up the working script in a couple hours. Thanks for all your hard work in creating this product.

Mark Houck

2. drJones

drJones

3. Macupuncture

Macupuncture

Thanks for the link. Now, how do I authorize the second computer? Do I use the serial I was given with the first purchase or do I need a second number. Any idea?

4. Morgan

Morgan

I think if it needed a second number, it would have been mentioned in that thread. So I'd just use the same number, and not run both copies at the same time.

5. freyr

freyr

Please note that although each serial allows activating the software on two machines, it is intended to allow a single developer run it on two machines (ie. a desktop and a laptop combination). If you are more than one developer using Unity at the same time, the license requires you to acquire a seperate license for each developer.