Search Unity

License file issues

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sdwinder, Apr 3, 2020.

1. sdwinder

sdwinder

Hi All

I launched unity today and was told i did not have a license active. So I tried to make a new license, which gave me the error about my machine identiifcation being invalid for current license. I went through all the steps i could find. Deleting the unity folder in program data, I even completely removed unity from my machine, removed unity hub, restarted the machine and reinstalled from scratch and I got the same error.

I also tried the manual license process, I downloaded the license request file, uploaded it to the unity site and downloaded the license file, when I tried to load it, unity just flat out says the license i invalid. I am not really sure what I can do at this point short of reformatting my machine. Any ideas are appreciated.

2. sdwinder

sdwinder

I was able to fix the problem. As it turns out, the license generates various identifiers, one of which is a mac address. if you have windows 10 and you have enabled hyper-v, it screws up. You dont need to have done anything else other than simply having hyper-v feature enabled under windows features and unity can have this problem.

To Re-iterate:

Problem: Machine Identification Is Invalid For Current License
    Solution: Remove hyper-v feature from windows 10