Search Unity

Resolved License Error+Invisible Compiled Error

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Ignatyus, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Ignatyus

Ignatyus

I downloaded the latest Beta version, created an account and logged in. I made an exception to the Firewall, I turned off my antivirus and my internet is working fine. However, I was never able to acquire a License, as it always said that my connection to the server was weak.

So I got a pre-Beta version: Version 2.4.5 with assets from 2020.3.24f1. In version 2.4.5, besides the program being much faster and lighter, I got the License without any problems. However, I cannot enter playmode because of compilation errors. When I enter Safe Mode, errors appear invisible and the problem cannot be detected.

I have not found any solution to my problems. It's my first time using the program. Can you help me?

https://www.imagemhost.com.br/image/2xtmry
    https://www.imagemhost.com.br/image/2xtq9U

2. felipec_unity

felipec_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Ignatyus,

You seem to be trying to go against Unity's Directive 4! How are you opening it? I.e. did you try one of the Templates from the Hub?

3. Ignatyus

Ignatyus

Okay. I'll explain. Thanks for your answers asap

1. I registered on the site.

2. I downloaded the Unity Hub from the website: https://store.unity.com/#plans-individual

3. I installed Unity Hub 3.0.0-beta.6 on my Windows 7.

4. Open the program. I logged into the program.

5. I installed the 2020.3.24f1 version of Unity.

6. Unity Hub asked me to purchase a License. I clicked on "Agree and get personal edition license". I was not able to get the License because this error came:

"There was a problem activating a new personal license. Make sure you are logged in, and have an internet connection."

6. Okay. I closed Unity Hub, restarted my Modem, turned off my Antivirus, made an exception for Unity files in my Firewall, and reopened Unity Hub 3.0.0-beta.6.

7. I tried again to get a License, and got the same error: "There was a problem activating a new personal license. Make sure you are logged in, and have internet connection".

8. Tried to take an offline License as explained here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ManualActivationGuide.html. Nothing happened. Did not work.

9. I tried manually on Unity Hub 3.0.0-beta.6 and also had the same problem.

10. I looked for some solution on the Unity forums and came across some problems related to mine. Possible solutions: use Unity version 2.4.5, as this way I would get the License without any problems. Another person recommended that people with problems should report in "Report a Problem with Unity" in Unity Hub.

11. In Unity Hub 3.0.0-beta.6, I changed from "3.0.0-beta.6" to "Switch channel" and changed the program version to Unity 2.4.5 (Beta > Production). In this version I didn't receive the error and managed to register a License without any problems! Yay!

12. In Unity version 2.4.5 I opened New Project>3D>Create and the program started loading the files for me to edit the game. The problem is that there was a compilation error…

13. I entered Safe Mode. And now I have two errors that I can't identify:

14. I tried to open it without entering Safe Mode, but as these issues have not been resolved, I can't enter Playmode from the program: “All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode”.

15. I make this report with "Report a Problem with Unity" in Unity Hub.

Please help. I need Directive 1! :D

4. felipec_unity

felipec_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, it feels like a bad alignment of conditions in your system. Some things to check:

- What operating system are you trying to run Unity on?
    - Are you able to launch cmd.exe?
    - Are there missing updates (to your Operating System)?

5. Ignatyus

Ignatyus

Windows 7.
    Yes, I can open the .cmd.

Updating my Windows with Windows Update resolved this issue. Now I open the project and it doesn't show any more errors in the .Console. But there is a new problem: I click on Playmode and nothing happens.

6. felipec_unity

felipec_unity

Unity Technologies

Alright, that sounds promising, though

What if you create a project from one of the templates in the Hub, like the Lego Microgame? You'll find these under the Learn tab.

Ignatyus likes this.
  7. Ignatyus

Ignatyus

Yay! Lego Microgame is working normally. I clicked on Playgame mode and I have been playing. Now I have created a new project and Playmode is working!

Thank you!

UnityJuju likes this.
  8. felipec_unity

felipec_unity

Unity Technologies