Search Unity

library not found for -l_burst_generated32

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by renman3000, Nov 24, 2020.

1. renman3000

renman3000

Hi there,
    I am getting an error when arching in Xcode. I believe it is related to the Package: Burst. The error reads: "
    library not found for -l_burst_generated32". In discussions this has what has been assessed.

What I am wondering is, it? And if so is it related to which version Unity I am using and which version of Burst I am using? If none of the above, what is it?

Side note, I am using a third party asset, called Animancer to help code the animations.

Thoughts?

2. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Which version of burst are you using, can you try the 1.3.9 and/or 1.4.1 as there were changes in how we build libraries for iOS in order to resolve some issues (I`m assuming its an iOS project here, you didn't say).

3. renman3000

renman3000

@Lee_Hammerton
    Hi,
    Yes, it is for iOS, sorry if I left out any details.

Unity: 2019.2.17f1
    Burst: 1.4.1 & 1.3.0, both versions under this version of Unity, failed at Xcode, Archive project.
    So I am wondering if this is the case, is there a magic Unity, Burst versions, combo, that I need. Also note I am using Animancer, which has the potential to potentially be a player in this? I have asked in the Animancer forums, without reply yet.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  4. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

Hi,

This could be a genuine issue, we are going to try and reproduce internally first in case its a generic issue with project archiving, but If you don't mind submitting a bug report via the bug reporting tool and including a minimal reproduce this will help speed along a resolution.

Lee

renman3000 likes this.
  5. renman3000

renman3000

Ok,
    will do. Thank you.

In the meantime, my publisher believes it is an Xcode 12 issue and that downgrading to 11.7 should work. Tho I have not been able to confirm if it does yet.
    Thank you

6. renman3000

renman3000

For anyone who may want to reference this thread....

Using Unity 2019.4.15f1....

Burst 1.4.1, same crash
    Burst 1.3.9, WORKS!!!!

Yeh.

Lee_Hammerton likes this.
  7. Srokaaa

Srokaaa

@Lee_Hammerton @renman3000 Any news on this? I'm still getting this error on Burst 1.4.1 and 1.4.4 and I am not able to build for iOS.

EDIT: I managed to get it working. For posterity; delete built project and build it again if it was previously built with previous versions of burst

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  8. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

I've just had a snoop around and it doesn't look like we got a repro for this issue filed.

Our own investigations couldn't uncover the same issue no matter what we tried locally either.

If we can get a repro that'd definitely help us to resolve whatever strangeness this issue actually is!