Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Libraries that fail to compile on 2021.2

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by creat327, Jul 22, 2021.

1. creat327

creat327

Hi

I've seen lot of libraries failing to compile with this beta, but the last one is the popular Rewired package from the asset store. If you try to build for windows, you'll get this error:

C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2021.2.0b4\Editor\Data\il2cpp\build\deploy\net5.0\il2cpp.exe @Library\Bee\artifacts\rsp\934381626019808312.rsp
    Error: IL2CPP error for method 'System.Void BuQfNOXjKvFpXbLqwLzdtdPJnBF::JZtcOIgQadIewBwbFvSqZhfkgjZB(RlkJYFLOmcVFEMpdCcsniXwfaBp)' in assembly 'D:\Dropbox\DogfightUnity5\Library\Bee\artifacts\WinPlayerBuildProgram\ManagedStripped\Rewired_Windows.dll'
    System.InvalidOperationException: Attempting to constrain a value of type 'System.Void' to type 'System.Guid'.
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.WriteConstrainedCallExpressionFor(ResolvedInstruction ins, ResolvedMethodInfo origMethodToCall, List`1 poppedValues, String& copyBackBoxedExpr)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.ProcessInstruction(Node node, InstructionBlock block, ResolvedInstruction ins)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.GenerateCodeRecursive(Node node, ReadOnlyDictionary`2 instructionBlocks)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.Generate()
    at Unity.IL2CPP.CodeWriters.CodeWriterExtensions.WriteMethodWithMetadataInitialization(IGeneratedMethodCodeWriter writer, String methodSignature, String methodFullName, Action`2 writeMethodBody, String uniqueIdentifier, MethodReference methodRef)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodWriter.WriteMethodDefinition(AssemblyWriteContext context, IGeneratedMethodCodeWriter writer, MethodReference method, Boolean addToMethodCollection)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.SourceWriter.WriteType(SourceWritingContext context, IGeneratedMethodCodeWriter writer, TypeReference type, NPath filePath, Boolean writeMarshalingDefinitions, Boolean addToMethodCollection)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.SourceWriters.GenericInstanceTypeSourceWriter.WriteItem(SourceWritingContext context, IGeneratedMethodCodeWriter writer, GenericInstanceType item, NPath filePath)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.SourceWriters.SourceWriterBase`2.WriteItem(StreamWorkItemData`2 data)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.Contexts.Scheduling.Streams.FileLevelParallelStreamManager`3.WorkerWriteItemsToFile(WorkItemData`2 data)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.Contexts.Scheduling.PhaseWorkScheduler`1.WorkerLoop(Object data)
    Error: IL2CPP error for method 'System.Void BuQfNOXjKvFpXbLqwLzdtdPJnBF::JZtcOIgQadIewBwbFvSqZhfkgjZB(RlkJYFLOmcVFEMpdCcsniXwfaBp)' in assembly 'D:\Dropbox\DogfightUnity5\Library\Bee\artifacts\WinPlayerBuildProgram\ManagedStripped\Rewired_Windows.dll'
    System.InvalidOperationException: Attempting to constrain a value of type 'System.Void' to type 'System.Guid'.
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.WriteConstrainedCallExpressionFor(ResolvedInstruction ins, ResolvedMethodInfo origMethodToCall, List`1 poppedValues, String& copyBackBoxedExpr)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.ProcessInstruction(Node node, InstructionBlock block, ResolvedInstruction ins)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.GenerateCodeRecursive(Node node, ReadOnlyDictionary`2 instructionBlocks)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodBodyWriter.Generate()
    at Unity.IL2CPP.CodeWriters.CodeWriterExtensions.WriteMethodWithMetadataInitialization(IGeneratedMethodCodeWriter writer, String methodSignature, String methodFullName, Action`2 writeMethodBody, String uniqueIdentifier, MethodReference methodRef)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.MethodWriter.WriteMethodDefinition(AssemblyWriteContext context, IGeneratedMethodCodeWriter writer, MethodReference method, Boolean addToMethodCollection)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.SourceWriter.WriteType(SourceWritingContext context, IGeneratedMethodCodeWriter writer, TypeReference type, NPath filePath, Boolean writeMarshalingDefinitions, Boolean addToMethodCollection)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.SourceWriters.GenericInstanceTypeSourceWriter.WriteItem(SourceWritingContext context, IGeneratedMethodCodeWriter writer, GenericInstanceType item, NPath filePath)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.SourceWriters.SourceWriterBase`2.WriteItem(StreamWorkItemData`2 data)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.Contexts.Scheduling.Streams.FileLevelParallelStreamManager`3.WorkerWriteItemsToFile(WorkItemData`2 data)
    at Unity.IL2CPP.Contexts.Scheduling.PhaseWorkScheduler`1.WorkerLoop(Object data)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

and no idea how to fix it. anyone?

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can you submit a bug report for this issue? Thanks!

https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

3. creat327

creat327

JoshPeterson and LeonhardP like this.
  4. guavaman

guavaman

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    shotoutgames likes this.
  5. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

FWIW I think this issue happens before C++ compilation of the generated IL2CPP code. It looks like the exception comes during the code conversion step, so it looks like this entirely on the Unity side.

6. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the bug report, we appreciate it!

7. creat327

creat327

8. guavaman

guavaman

Okay. Thanks.

9. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Unfortunately, I have the same issue, is there already a workaround for this issue?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  10. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

11. creat327

creat327

Nope. I've just updated to unity b7 and it's not fixed. Error
    Unable to update following assemblies:Assets/Rewired/Internal/Libraries/Runtime/Rewired_Core.dll (Name = Rewired_Core, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\joaqu\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp777cc8cf.tmp)
    [AssemblyUpdater] Failed to resolve type 'System.Int32'
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: parameterType

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  12. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

The same for me also the same error message, it does not work for me in b7.

13. creat327

creat327

Yeah I don't understand why they say it's fixed when all they need to do is get my bug report project and try to compile it. I feel like I wasted my time with the submission.

14. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

QA did that and was no longer able to reproduce the issue. If the issue is not fixed for you, you can reply to the email conversation related to your bug report. That will re-open the investigation.

I've re-opened the case for now.

15. aromana

aromana

Hi, I'm experiencing this issue with 2021.2.0f1 while building. It seems the issue should be fixed by now though — any ideas?

Code (CSharp):
    1. Unable to update following assemblies:Assets/Rewired/Internal/Libraries/Runtime/Rewired_Core.dll (Name = Rewired_Core, Error = 131) (Output: /var/folders/p7/3r_24ryx7ns4356q6y8lxhcw0000gn/T/tmp4f1b600f.tmp)
    3. [AssemblyUpdater] Failed to resolve type 'System.Int32'
    4. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    6. Parameter name: parameterType
    7.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterReference..ctor (System.String name, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x00010] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    8.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterDefinition..ctor (System.String name, Mono.Cecil.ParameterAttributes attributes, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x0000b] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    9.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterDefinition..ctor (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x00000] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    10.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.ParameterDefinitionFor (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference methodOwner, APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.TypeReferenceSpec typeSpec, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference resolutionScope, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference originalParamType) [0x00027] in <4d66a2db9b904e6d8a493875017bf944>:0
    11.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.AddParametersToReference (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference reference, Mono.Cecil.MethodReference originalMethod, APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.MemberReferenceReplacementConfig replacement, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference targetType) [0x000f5] in <4d66a2db9b904e6d8a493875017bf944>:0

16. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This looks like it might be a bug - can you submit a bug report?

https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

17. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

If you file a bug, please post the link here so I can look into it asap.

Thanks

18. aromana

aromana

@AdrianoVerona_Unity @JoshPeterson

I was able to fix the issue by reimporting some packages in my project. If it reoccurs, I will report.

I suspect the issue was related to my attempts (and recently, successes) in getting the Firebase SDK to work inside the native apple silicon editor, despite Google not providing AS-native bundles for the editor. Google doesn't seem to be working on this at all, which is unfortunate. https://github.com/firebase/quickstart-unity/issues/1100#issuecomment-958462301

19. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

/cc @aromana

Actually after looking again in the exception it looks it has already been reported (but with a different assembly involved). If you can share your copy of Rewired_Core.dll I can double check.

Basically you will get this error if the assembly has a call to any of these methods:

- Resize(int width, int height, GraphicsFormat format, bool hasMipMap)
    - Resize(int width, int height, TextureFormat format, bool hasMipMap)
    - Resize(int width, int height)

This has been reported in 2021.2. I've fixed it in that version and I am forward porting it to trunk

Best

20. guavaman

guavaman

I'm guessing that is Texture2D.Resize you're referring to. I checked and it hasn't been deprecated so I assume there is nothing I should be changing in my code.

AdrianoVerona_Unity likes this.
  21. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Just to be clear, I meant; I have a fix for that version (which did not land yet) and I am working on forward porting it to trunk and back porting to 2020.3.

22. aromana

aromana

23. guavaman

guavaman

I doubt there are any workarounds possible. It's choking on the function call to Texture2D.Resize in the DLL. There's no way I can fix this on my end other than to remove the function calls from the DLL and release a new update, which is not something I'm willing to do for a bug that Unity is already working on to fix. (Not to mention that the functionality which is using Texture2D.Resize, something related to touch controls, would have to be removed.) The only possible workaround I can imagine would be if there is some way to disable the Unity AssemblyUpdater.

AdrianoVerona_Unity and aromana like this.
  24. aromana

aromana

Ah that's totally fine, I must have missed Adriano's post that the fix is due imminently. No worries then.

25. aromana

aromana

@AdrianoVerona_Unity as of 2021.2.4f1, I'm still experiencing this issue. Do you know which version of 2021.2 the fix is expected to land in?

26. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

@aromana unfortunately it has not landed in 2021.2 yet.

Basically it is fixed on a branch but I need to make sure it lands in our main dev branch first and it has proved to be harder than I expected (there was lots of changes in code that made forward porting harder).

I expect the fix to land in our main dev branch this week or the next one, then it will take some more time to land in 2021.2.

I'll announce here when the PR to 2021.2 gets approved

that being said, as a workaround you can copy the affected assembly somewhere, open the project, accept any ApiUpdater offer, close Unity, copy the assemblies back and open the project again, this time, declining ApiUpdater (I know, it is a lot of steps, I am sorry for the trouble)

Adriano

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    aromana likes this.
  27. zKici

zKici

Looking forward to the fix...

28. creat327

creat327

this is still not fixed and we can't use rewired because of this. No input for our game.

29. EyeDev44

EyeDev44

2021.2.7 and 2022.1b not fixed.

30. creat327

creat327

Make it 2021.2.8 and still not fixed

31. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Any ETA on this fix?

Will there be an option in the future to turn off the Api Updater completely? It would be good to have the option to turn off when it is not required. It does have benefits but it should be an optional.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  32. yakandco

yakandco

chiming in also.... not working in 2021.2.8

33. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately I can't give you a hard date :(

The good news is that the fix landed in our main dev branch and have been approved for 22.1 and 21.2 so it should not take much longer until they get released.

There's already one. You can start Unity passing -disable-assembly-updater AssemblyToIgnore.dll and the specified assembly should be ignored by AssemblyUpdater. The problem is that depending on what have changed, not allowing it to run may lead to runtime errors so if you decide to try it I recommend you to make sure you have good test coverage and that you update to the version in which this issue gets fixed as soon as it get released.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    LeonhardP likes this.
  34. jason_yak

jason_yak

- is the path to assembly.dll relative to the Assets folder?
    - how do you chain together multiple calls to different dll's? do you have to repeat the switch? or instead use space or something to specify more than one?
    trying to do this via Unity Hub by hitting the ... button per project and choosing add command line arguments, an example would be a huge help, would it be formed something like this:
    "-disable-assembly-updater Assets/Rewired/Internal/Libraries/Runtime/Rewired_Core.dll -disable-assembly-updater Assets/Rewired/Internal/Libraries/Runtime/Rewired_Editor.dll"

thanks

PS: a workaround for me has worked to be able to copy an uncorrupted version of the dll's back in over every time I get issues with the reqired dll's loading. But the problem is the work I'm doing which is largely using changes to packages all the time, it constantly triggers the assembly updater, I have to copy back rewired over up to a dozen times a day so I can keep working. It's infuriating.

35. jason_yak

jason_yak

ignore me... I answered my own question.... found these docs on the syntax: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/EditorCommandLineArguments.html

I might just set the blanket argument of:
    -disable-assembly-updater

with no specfic dll's specified for now, if I don't change the Unity version it shouldn't matter keeping it like that for the time being. Anyone updating Unity versions for a project might want to let the assembly updater run, but after it has and the uncorrupted rewired dll's added back could reinstate the argument again. Once the unity fix is out obviously remove it.

36. guavaman

guavaman

Have you tried 1.1.41.4+? I added a workaround to avoid the Texture2D.Resize issue. If it's still failing, then something else must be causing it.

37. jason_yak

jason_yak

Ohh awesome, thanks for the heads up. Well done on finding a work around, sounds like it was a tricky one.

an PS: no hadn't tried it, but will report back if I do still have issues.

38. Alaadel

Alaadel

I have the same issue with Vuforia 10-4-4 (Latest, as of today), Win7 64-bit, Unity 2021.2.10f1 and Unity 2020.3.18f1.
    Bug Report link.
    @AdrianoVerona_Unity

Code (CSharp):
    2. Unable to update following assemblies:packages/com.ptc.vuforia.engine/Vuforia/Plugins/Managed/Android/Vuforia.Unity.Engine.dll (Name = Vuforia.Unity.Engine, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp13309137.tmp)
    4. [AssemblyUpdater] Failed to resolve type 'System.Int32'
    5. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    6. Parameter name: parameterType
    7.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterReference..ctor (System.String name, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x00010] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    8.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterDefinition..ctor (System.String name, Mono.Cecil.ParameterAttributes attributes, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x0000b] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    9.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterDefinition..ctor (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x00000] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    10.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.ParameterDefinitionFor (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference methodOwner, APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.TypeReferenceSpec typeSpec, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference resolutionScope, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference originalParamType) [0x00027] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    11.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.AddParametersToReference (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference reference, Mono.Cecil.MethodReference originalMethod, APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.MemberReferenceReplacementConfig replacement, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference targetType) [0x000f5] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    12.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.ResolveReplacement (APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.MemberReferenceReplacementConfig replacement, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference targetType, Mono.Cecil.MethodReference originalMethod) [0x000c6] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    13.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.Visit (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference methodReference, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x000e6] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    14.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.Cil.Instruction instruction, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0004d] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    15.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.Cil.MethodBody methodBody, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00092] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    16.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x000e4] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    17.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00177] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    18.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0001f] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    19.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0001f] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    20.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    21.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo,object,object[],System.Exception&)
    22.   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0006a] in <de0688ba3d434d088cb12ffd1d687966>:0
    23.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    24.   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00083] in <de0688ba3d434d088cb12ffd1d687966>:0
    25.   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <de0688ba3d434d088cb12ffd1d687966>:0
    26.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T] (T node, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0001b] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    27.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T] (T definition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00013] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    28.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    29.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply (AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00012] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    30.   at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.RunUpdateRound (AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00030] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    31.   at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run (AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00007] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    32.   at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.UpdateAssembly (AssemblyUpdater.Application.UpdateOptions config, AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00024] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    33.   at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1 (AssemblyUpdater.Application.UpdateOptions o) [0x00046] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    34.   at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T] (CommandLine.ParserResult`1[T] result, System.Action`1[T] action) [0x0001e] in <5f6458f0234f43a48c09047109c24684>:0
    35.   at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00048] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    36. Packages/com.ptc.vuforia.engine/Vuforia/Plugins/Managed/Lumin/Vuforia.Unity.Engine.dll (Name = Vuforia.Unity.Engine, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp63062dac.tmp)
    38. [AssemblyUpdater] Failed to resolve type 'System.Int32'
    39. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    40. Parameter name: parameterType
    41.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterReference..ctor (System.String name, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x00010] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    42.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterDefinition..ctor (System.String name, Mono.Cecil.ParameterAttributes attributes, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x0000b] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    43.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterDefinition..ctor (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x00000] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    44.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.ParameterDefinitionFor (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference methodOwner, APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.TypeReferenceSpec typeSpec, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference resolutionScope, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference originalParamType) [0x00027] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    45.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.AddParametersToReference (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference reference, Mono.Cecil.MethodReference originalMethod, APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.MemberReferenceReplacementConfig replacement, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference targetType) [0x000f5] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    46.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.ResolveReplacement (APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.MemberReferenceReplacementConfig replacement, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference targetType, Mono.Cecil.MethodReference originalMethod) [0x000c6] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    47.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.Visit (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference methodReference, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x000e6] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    48.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.Cil.Instruction instruction, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0004d] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    49.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.Cil.MethodBody methodBody, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00092] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    50.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x000e4] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    51.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00177] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    52.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0001f] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    53.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0001f] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    54.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    55.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo,object,object[],System.Exception&)
    56.   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0006a] in <de0688ba3d434d088cb12ffd1d687966>:0
    57.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    58.   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00083] in <de0688ba3d434d088cb12ffd1d687966>:0
    59.   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <de0688ba3d434d088cb12ffd1d687966>:0
    60.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T] (T node, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0001b] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    61.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T] (T definition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00013] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    62.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    63.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply (AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00012] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    64.   at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.RunUpdateRound (AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00030] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    65.   at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run (AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00007] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    66.   at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.UpdateAssembly (AssemblyUpdater.Application.UpdateOptions config, AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00024] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    67.   at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Main>b__1 (AssemblyUpdater.Application.UpdateOptions o) [0x00046] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    68.   at CommandLine.ParserResultExtensions.WithParsed[T] (CommandLine.ParserResult`1[T] result, System.Action`1[T] action) [0x0001e] in <5f6458f0234f43a48c09047109c24684>:0
    69.   at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00048] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    70. Packages/com.ptc.vuforia.engine/Vuforia/Plugins/Managed/Runtime/Vuforia.Unity.Engine.dll (Name = Vuforia.Unity.Engine, Error = 131) (Output: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp524ff722.tmp)
    72. [AssemblyUpdater] Failed to resolve type 'System.Int32'
    73. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    74. Parameter name: parameterType
    75.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterReference..ctor (System.String name, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x00010] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    76.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterDefinition..ctor (System.String name, Mono.Cecil.ParameterAttributes attributes, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x0000b] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    77.   at Mono.Cecil.ParameterDefinition..ctor (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference parameterType) [0x00000] in <a6860a9f6366437387ebdc1f225b7fd4>:0
    78.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.ParameterDefinitionFor (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference methodOwner, APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.TypeReferenceSpec typeSpec, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference resolutionScope, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference originalParamType) [0x00027] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    79.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.AddParametersToReference (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference reference, Mono.Cecil.MethodReference originalMethod, APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.MemberReferenceReplacementConfig replacement, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference targetType) [0x000f5] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    80.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.ResolveReplacement (APIUpdater.Framework.Configuration.MemberReferenceReplacementConfig replacement, Mono.Cecil.TypeReference targetType, Mono.Cecil.MethodReference originalMethod) [0x000c6] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    81.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.MemberReferenceReplacer.Visit (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference methodReference, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x000e6] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    82.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.Cil.Instruction instruction, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0004d] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    83.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.Cil.MethodBody methodBody, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00092] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    84.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.MethodDefinition methodDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x000e4] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    85.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00177] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    86.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0001f] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    87.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0001f] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    88.   at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Visit (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in <455c1e4294254fa3b69b299f91ee635c>:0
    89.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo,object,object[],System.Exception&)
    90.   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0006a] in <de0688ba3d434d088cb12ffd1d687966>:0
    91.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    92.   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00083] in <de0688ba3d434d088cb12ffd1d687966>:0
    93.   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <de0688ba3d434d088cb12ffd1d687966>:0
    94.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[T] (T node, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x0001b] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    95.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[T] (T definition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00013] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    96.   at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in <b1f3c010d8f14bc8acaca3627fbe519b>:0
    97.   at AssemblyUpdate<message truncated>

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  39. guavaman

guavaman

I don't approve of of disgusting workarounds for regressions in dependencies like this, so I'm not proud of myself. This is how codebases become unmaintainable.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    aromana likes this.
  40. guavaman

guavaman

Good to know this is happening in the 2020 branch also.

41. MDelerin

MDelerin

Hey, any news about this one ?

It's keeping us from migrating to 2021 :(

42. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

The fix should be included in the next 2021.2 release which should happen soon (if no major issues are found in during final testing)

Adriano

43. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

44. creat327

creat327

and... I don't know if it was fixed but the 2021.2.13f broke UWP compilation on visual studio for ARM 32.
    Fix one thing. Break another.

45. AdrianoVerona_Unity

AdrianoVerona_Unity

Unity Technologies

Please, if you can reproduce, file a bug if there's none already reported