Search Unity

Looking For Contributor LF 2D all-around artist

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by annathehank, Jan 16, 2022.

1. annathehank

annathehank

Introduction & Summary
    Hello, my name is Anna. I'm a writer/programmer-in-training looking to team up with a 2D artist to create my first game. I am mainly looking for a fellow starving-artist partner in crime who will share the profits of the game 50/50 as I don't have the budget to afford art upfront.

Project Type/Genre & Platform
    The game is a 2D peaceful platformer (no fights or fighting mechanics) focused on doing quests that features a variety of mini-games, including a rythm game, a memory match game, jigsaw-esque puzzles, etc.

The Idea
    The game is called Monk DHD and is fairly short (ideally no more than 30 minutes a game, still working on that). The main character is a young monk with ADHD trying to prove that they have what it takes to win the 'Monk Games' by doing quests for fellow monks and ultimately learning coping mechanisms and skills for dealing with ADHD. This is a passion project for myself, and meant to be fun and educational.

Progress
    As of right now 3/4 of the game's dialgogue has been written out, and about 3/7 mini games are fully coded while the other 4 are partially coded/currently still bugged. At this point I have a lot of placeholder art to be able to run the game and ensure things work, but there is no full art implemented.

What We Are Looking For
    I'm looking for an all-around 2D artist that can make the characters, props, UI, background, and more for the game. Ideally someone who can provide all the art needed would be best, but if there's one or two things you aren't able to/comfortable making we can look into bringing a third person on as well.

Contact
    If you're interested in working together then please send me an email at amdenisch@gmail.com! I look forward to hopfully working with you!