Search Unity

Level_01 Scene lagging is so bad.

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by Que, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Que

Que

I was able to test Level_00 without any glitch, well except the scoring system.
    But the Level_01 scene is too slow, network lagging in a local network. Any suggestions on how to improve the lagging issue?

Happy New Year.

2. sorkoxd

sorkoxd

What is your setup?
    If your machine is not able to provide enough resources this may cause high latency on localhost.
    Especially if onboard graphics are used such problems show up.
    Often its way better when you use a second machine as server.

3. Que

Que

Believe me my computer is not a problem. I have i7 16GB RAM, SSD and NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX.
    Thanks for the feedback though.

Anyone else have a suggestions?

4. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

I am also on an i7 8700k, 16gb 4133hz DDR4, pair of m2s in raid0, and an 1080ti. Level_00 and _01 run fine at 60 fps built at 4k res.

My guess, didn't get everything compiled right, perhaps not downloading the whole thing via the clone. But we have so little to go on here.

5. sorkoxd

sorkoxd

I dont think he has currupted files this would give him compile errors at code side and graphic glitches in the levels if other assets are damaged.
    I consider redownloading would fix that as not very likely.
    More likely would be some bottleneck. Your setup looks suitable so this should also not be the problem.
    To go any further you need to gather more information about the problem.
    So what exactly is happening? Especially on the network because i would guess there this comes from.
    Check if the response time or round trip time is very high or something else happening you would not expect on localhost.
    It should be not too hard to find the bottleneck or way to slow working part of the FPSSample.

6. PixloxYT

PixloxYT

rip me cant play anyway intel integrated graphics (welp)

7. DevinW

DevinW

Frankly still confused in why they coupled a HDRP project with a networking example project. You can turn off a lot of setting to make it run better but if you are like me and often use small lightweight devices to test your networked games then you are pretty much forced to use the 00 scene due to such low framerates.

Ideally, it would have been something showcasing the LWRP instead. Hopefully, the RTS in the pipes uses this.