Search Unity

Level and Game Life Cycles

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by ZYSHAQ, Apr 21, 2020.

1. ZYSHAQ

ZYSHAQ

Hello,
    So I have built the first 10 levels in my game, put a great effort in doing graphics and tried multiple plugins for the game inputs, physics, etc.

Now I have 10 disconnected game levels without any game life cycle (no respwaning or try again menu) plus no game menus.) Also, my game is an AR Game which make level control much harder in terms of pausing and resuming (etc).

Can someone recommend tutorials or videos to learn how to wrap up my game so people can start playing it?

2. dgoyette

dgoyette

It doesn't need to be complicated, especially to get started. Do you have the different levels set up as individual scenes? If so, you could just create a single "Menu" scene, which has literally just a button to load each of the different levels.

The most important thing, early on, is getting some play testing to verify whether others like the concept of your game. I wouldn't spend time on non-essential stuff until I've vetted the game is enjoyable.

ZYSHAQ likes this.
  3. ZYSHAQ

ZYSHAQ

@dgoyette so I maybe in the right direction then.
    I am fixing my game since I stopped it two years ago and lots it needs lots of updating, however, I shall be posting it in the forms for under development.

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

On Friday, post it here in the Game Design section's Feedback Friday thread. If you can also make a non-AR, WebGL version for testing, that will get you the most responses.

BackwoodsGaming and ZYSHAQ like this.
  5. ZYSHAQ

ZYSHAQ

Will do, thank you I was an aware about it. Sure I may be able to do that.

6. newjerseyrunner

newjerseyrunner

I’d recommend finding everything in all of your levels that are common. This might be UI elements, your character, score counter... and take them out of your levels and put them into a loader level. You can then make these items persist when you load a new scene. That way you can bring your character and anything they need seemlessly between scenes. That’s what you should aim for. Put random teleporter in your game temporarily and program it to load other scenes. Verify that you can seemlessly transition between scenes infinitely.