Search Unity

Lets agree not to become a bunch of snobby game devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eths

Eths

Yes, I know, I completely understood that some of you guys are busy, but some others have the time and the right answer and they just doesn't answer the question, some answers can't be find in Unity tutorials,or by searching on google, I myself sometimes want to ask a question that I never found an answer for it online and still no body answer me, for example, in the release of unity 5.3 I had an important question regarding some errors that came up while I upgraded to unity 5.3, I posted in different areas after Hours and days of searching, and still I got no answer, no body even tried to help me, I figured out the solution at last but I was just so mad that no one answered me so I lost a lot of time searching in google, I lost a lot of time trying to find where the bug is in my code!

Even if I am not a begineer , I still need help, everyone does, am I right?

2. Teila

Teila

Unity 5.3 is very buggy and a lot of us are not even using it. Those that are might be very busy trying to figure out their own problem.

My guess is it is very difficult to help you find a code error when 5.3 is so buggy that one can't separate the bugs from the bad code.

Go back to 5.1.3 and try again. You still might not get anyone to help you, because learning to debug is very important. I can tell you from experience that the best thing to do is to start a new project and add in one thing at a time to see what might be causing the errors.

Help is offered out of the goodness of the person's heart..it should not be expected nor should the person be obligated. Do everything you can do first and then ask for help. Document everything you have done in the post. Be humble.

zombiegorilla, Eths and Martin_H like this.
  3. Ironmax

Ironmax

thats nice Teila :) Never underestimate your self..

Martin_H and Teila like this.
  4. neginfinity

neginfinity

It is the usual thing with any software product.

Hit a slightly unusual problem, and nobody tells how to deal with it.
    In case of unity, you read documentation, try to guess why it happens.
    In case of UE4 there's soruce code access.

People are not obliged to help you or anybody else, unless you're paying for support (and paying a lot).

Yes, somewhere in the world there's probably someone that knows the answer to your question.
    The thing is that "someone" probably had a rough working day, and right now would rather spend time sipping beer/tea hugging his/her girlfriend/boyfriend (or maybe just working on fun sideproject) instead of dealing with you and your problems.

That is completely normal situation in computer programming: with even slghtly unusual questions, you are on your own. This situation won't be fixed and it won't go anywhere. I suggest to get used to it.

Eths, Kiwasi, Ryiah and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.