Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Lens Flares not working in URP 2022.2.0b3

Discussion in '2022.2 Beta' started by ropollock, Aug 5, 2022.

1. ropollock

ropollock

It looks like lens flares have broken in 2022.2b3. I tested on LTS version and flares working fine in sample scene. Just adding a simple lens flare SRP to direction light in empty scene. Same scene when upgraded to 2022.2.0b3 doesn't have a lens flare and it seems none of the options in the flare data seem to resolve the problem.

2. Lex4art

Lex4art

I've stumbled upon this but in the end it was only about lens flares samples were not imported into project (they're not included by default):
    Lens flares package.png

3. angeldevelopment

angeldevelopment

Im having issues as well in 2022.3 but maybe it my own misunderstanding, I imported the samples, but I cannot edit lens flare data assets? When I click on them nothing appears in the inspector?

4. patrickjansendesign

patrickjansendesign

I currently have the same problem, in an old project it's editable but when i copy paste it in a new project it's not editable.
    I'm still trying to pinpoint which difference leads to this issue

5. jchaherlb

jchaherlb

Hey, I've just found a solution/workaround for this. When you create a Lens Flare Data SRP asset, select it and switch the inspector from normal to debug mode and you will be able to access the edit options. upload_2024-2-28_13-40-27.png