Search Unity

Lenovo Mirage Solo: Camera glitch bug + Not appearing in Library?

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by VR_Unity_Account, Nov 6, 2018.

1. VR_Unity_Account

VR_Unity_Account

Hello. I'm experiencing several issues with the Mirage. It's a great headset to work with besides these issues, so I'd like to get them ironed out ASAP.
    #1. I'm working on porting one of our existing experiences to the Mirage and I am experiencing a strange camera bug. When playing within the headset, the camera will "glitch" every few seconds. It is difficult to describe, but it appears to "jump" to the left, or to the right for a single frame. It's not static-like, nor is it blinking to black, or anything. It's nothing to do with the hardware. It's for sure an issue with the existing player rig, or project settings, or something. This bug is not present in the editor, nor on any other VR headset we have worked with in the past including the Oculus Go, the Oculus Rift, the Vive Focus, or the HTC Vive.
    The only thing that I know for sure is that if I use the Player object in one of the Google demo scenes, the glitch is not present, but my current Player rig has it. Of course, I cannot simply abandon my existing rig. Recall that this is a port. It was not built with Mirage/Daydream in mind initially. Our interaction systems are based on Unity's "VRStandardAssets" system, if that helps.

It wasn't easy, but I did manage to capture the phenomenon using Chromecast and then recording the screen using my phone, so apologies for the quality. You can see it happen at 6 seconds and then twice at 10 seconds.

If this embedded link doesn't work, here's the raw Giphy link: https://media.giphy.com/media/35DrglPl7dxFS62HkE/giphy.gif

#2. The app does not appear in the Library after it has been built and loaded onto the headset. Only through manual ADB commands can I start and stop the app. Any idea what's up with that?

Thanks!

2. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

Are you able to run on another daydream enabled device to eliminate the variable of the daydream integration?

Captured a screenshot of the issue from your video so it's easier to see.

Attached Files:

3. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

Make sure
    <category android:name="com.google.intent.category.DAYDREAM" />
    is in your AndroidManifest.xml

See https://developers.google.com/vr/reference/vr-manifest#platform_compatibility

4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

What version of Unity? Do you have a small repro project that demonstrates the issue?

5. VR_Unity_Account

VR_Unity_Account

I'm running 2018.2.13f1.
    I seem to have quelled the glitch issue by tweaking some of my settings according to the Best Practices thread. However, it brought itself back from the dead when I tweaked a few more things. I cannot seem to pinpoint the source at all. Is it anti-aliasing settings? Texture quality settings? Shaders? No idea.

I do not have a repo of the bug available, but I can try to put one together.

I did manage to get it into my library by modifying the AndroidManifest, though, so that's fixed! Thanks for that!