Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

LEGO microgame can't be played [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by progmik, Nov 26, 2020.

1. progmik

progmik

Hi!

I just downloaded the LEGO microgame and when I'm pressing play, the camera
    constantly rotates in the x and y-axis. This makes it impossible to play the game.
    What's the problem?

2. LeBanc

LeBanc

Do you have any controller plugged-in ?
    The right joystick of the controller is used for camera movement so it might be that.

killamook_RB likes this.
  3. progmik

progmik

Yes, I have a Dual Shock 4 controller plugged in. I'll try unplugging it and get back.

4. progmik

progmik

It worked! But why is it like that? It makes it impossible to play with a controller.

5. LeBanc

LeBanc

Hum ... I played with an XBox360 controller and it works fine.
    I don't know the specificity of the Dual Shock 4 controller but maybe there are some sensitivity (or axes) to change in the Input settings.

Yep, it looks like the dualshock mapping of the Right stick are not the same as the XBox ones (if I trust this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unity3D/comments/1syswe/ps4_controller_map_for_unity/).
    You can try to go to Project Settings/Input Manager to change the axes of the last "Mouse X" and "Mouse Y" inputs (not the first you'll find on the list, they are for the mouse but the last ones that already are for controllers) and put 3rd axis for "Mouse X" and 4th axis for "Mouse Y".

I cannot test if that'll work so be ready to undo it (or restart the whole project :confused:) if you mess too much with the Input Manager ... (but if you only try to change these 2 axes, you'll still be able to play with the DualShock unplugged :p).

upload_2020-11-29_22-14-54.png

6. progmik

progmik

I tried that but it didn't work. The controller works fine though when unplugged and just using the wireless signal. So I guess I can use that. Thanks for the help.