Search Unity

Bug Legacy Raw Data Export is really slow to generate data

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by bgroves_ce, Jul 14, 2022.

1. bgroves_ce

bgroves_ce

For our project, we have a daily process that collects the previous day's Legacy Unity Analytics through the Raw Data Export API. It's been running great for a long time, usually takes a couple minutes between request and when the data is available to download.

Tuesday July 12th the data started taking really long to post, over a half hour.

Yesterday July 13th was slower to return, the queries wound up being fulfilled overnight.

Hopefully this is a temporary thing, but is anyone else seeing this? Is it on Unity's radar?

Thanks All.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We not heard of this issue yet. Are the exports slow in the dashboard too? So you know, this service of legacy Analytics is now deprecated and will be eventually turned off. We offer Data Access for the new version of Analytics now available https://docs.unity.com/analytics/DataAccess.html

3. bgroves_ce

bgroves_ce

Hi Jeff! Thank you for the quick reply. I recognize that avatar, it's an honor.

Yes, exports are slow in the dashboard also.

Understood Legacy Analytics end of life is at the end of the year, we are working it into our roadmap. Hopefully the system is staying stable till then so we have time to retool and adapt, yes?

Thanks Again!

4. legends-of-learning

legends-of-learning

We are experiencing extreme slowness as well. Raw data export jobs that used to take about a minute are taking hours, though the "duration" does not reflect that time.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Understood, we are checking.

bgroves_ce likes this.
  6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@bgroves_ce and @legends-of-learning Might either of you have an example RDE curl request that is failing that you could pass along in a private message here? It would be very helpful, thanks

7. bgroves_ce

bgroves_ce

I think so. I will contact via private message.

8. legends-of-learning

legends-of-learning

In my case, I am not seeing a failed API call. I have jobs that are taking a large amount of time -- days -- to get started. We query once a day, and I have a job that was so delayed that by the time it ran for 1m16s, it gathered data for the 2022/07/12 - 2022/07/15 time range. If it would help, I can send you the job IDs.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I believe we have everything we need now, but thanks! We are able to reproduce and attempting to track down where the slowness is coming from.

10. legends-of-learning

legends-of-learning

Our jobs moved at the regular pace the last couple nights. Thank you!

11. bgroves_ce

bgroves_ce

I am pleased to say, things look to be running smoothly on our end too.

Much Thanks, JeffDUnity3D and Company!

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@bgroves_ce Great! Yes, we believe we have resolved the issue.