Search Unity

(Legacy) Animation Clips not playing in editor's Inspector window

Discussion in 'Animation' started by jo82, Oct 22, 2016.

1. jo82

jo82

I'm using Legacy / animation component and this problem appeared recently. (maybe around Patch 5.4.1p3)

All clips play fine when I hit play button. I can create new clips and it will also work, but the clips won't "play/preview" in the editor's inspector window.

I get this warning:

The legacy Animation Clip "__preview__Take 001" cannot be used in the State "preview". Legacy AnimationClips are not allowed in Animator Controllers.To use this animation in this Animator Controller, you must reimport in as a Generic or Humanoid animation clip
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

I have no Animator Controller on my object.

I know they're pushing the animator controller instead of animation but is this gone forever?

I hope not :(

2. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

This looks like a bug in the previewer.
    You can submit a bug with your file, and we'll take care of it

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Same here, we switched from 5.4.0 to 5.4.1p4 and while I wasn't working on project with Legacy animations I didnt notice it, but today with other project I found out that legacy aniamtion are not destined to be previewed :D.

same message:

The legacy Animation Clip "__preview__Take 001" cannot be used in the State "preview". Legacy AnimationClips are not allowed in Animator Controllers.To use this animation in this Animator Controller, you must reimport in as a Generic or Humanoid animation clip

4. Yellowboi

Yellowboi

Can confirm in 5.5 beta, is there a bug submitted?

5. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

The fix was pushed yesterday in both
    5.4.2p4 which should be released next week
    5.5.0f1 which should be released soon

Yellowboi likes this.
  6. Suren1990

Suren1990

I have this error on version 5.6

7. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

Please file a bug report with your file where it doesn't work. The previous bug is fixed now, so it's most certainly a different way it can fail.