Search Unity

Left stuck with old tutorials trying to learn about the scriptable render pipeline

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by L33T_Rakshasa, Sep 30, 2019.

1. L33T_Rakshasa

L33T_Rakshasa

I'm finding this new update to 2019.2.6f1 has hugely changed the validity of rendering pipeline tutorials.. One of the major things I've noticed what changed is the experimental namespace.

Is there any place that has a change log so I can at least see what to use instead.

For instance I'm currently using https://catlikecoding.com/unity/tutorials/scriptable-render-pipeline/lights/ to learn more about the scriptable render pipeline, but I keep running into areas where the code has been deprecated or the code base behind it has been removed/changed.

I could wait for the tutorials to get updated but I would still like to learn about the topic.

Web searching has yielded no starting point in which to start trying to track down what is the new norm for some aspects of the scriptable render pipeline.

Any suggestions would be helpful!
    Thanks!

2. neoshaman

neoshaman

Catlike has start a new tutorial updated abour the srp call custom render pipeline, and look at teh source changelog.md to see what's been replace.