Search Unity

Learning Unity iOS Game Development

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Vawxish, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vawxish

Vawxish

Hello,

My name is Kyle Langley and I've written a book about creating and publishing games made with Unity 5 to the Apple store. I focused on trying to find a line between beginners wanting to enter the iOS market as well as for experienced Unity users to branch out. This means there is a lot of description for the code written and why it is being written but also touches on some extra topics that are useful for iOS development.

The book covers the following topics:
    • Create your own iTunes Connect Developer account and create an app within it
    • Set up iTunes Game Center features in iTunes Connect so you can use them within Unity 5
    • Construct a game using C# that allows users to interactively control the game character
    • Use Unity 5's editor window to create a custom editor tool specific for the game made in the book
    • Store and keep track of data so the player is able to collect in-game pick-ups that can be used to purchase in-game goods
    • Use all game features so the player is able to fully navigate menus between the front menu and in the game state
    • Make, test, and finally release builds so you can play on your device and then submit the game to Apple for review
    You can check out the book at the following places:

http://tinyurl.com/LUiOS-Amazon
    http://tinyurl.com/LUiOS-Packt Discount code: EMOROBO50. Its valid till Nov, 22nd, 2015.

Thanks for checking this out,

Kyle

2. pgmr_64804

pgmr_64804

Hi Kyle, I am working through your book "Learning Unity iOS Game Development" were we are making the endless runner.

At the end of chapter 4 are the level pieces suppose to be scrolling on and on? mine just pick up one and that is all and then the guy just drops off and keeps running on the floor game objects we created earlier. I checked and check the code and even copied/pasted your code from the kindle book and it still does that.

I am not wanting to continue on if it is wrong.

I went to the publisher site to download the project but it just has graphic assets for a few of the chapters and no c# code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.