Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Learn Live: Prototyping & Worldbuilding

Discussion in 'Road to the Metaverse' started by Unity-Gehan, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Unity-Gehan

Unity-Gehan

Administrator

Prototyping & Worldbuilding
    Recorded March 23, 2022

Before you get caught up in developing your dream project, it’s important to start a little smaller and create a prototype. Prototyping gives you the opportunity to work out what should really be at the heart of the real-time experience you want to make, and to test out different approaches to achieve your goal.

Watch now | View Slides

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2022
    HIBIKI_entertainment likes this.
  2. artjynx

artjynx

I am really enjoying this series and I'm now trying to go back and look at the links given in the presentations. Are the slide decks available for download? Thank you again!

jeromeatunity likes this.
  3. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

Thank you. I updated the header post with the link to the slides!

4. gavinprior

gavinprior

Currently building a prototype of a local park to me. There are lots of free assets to add from various sights (thank you to those people that built them!), but one thing I have noticed is that often, they have no relateable naming convention for the asset materials and textures (e.g. a material might just be called 'default' or 'red'). I found when adding assets from different sources, always dowlnoad them one at a time - check and rename the materials (and textures) appropriately if needed so that you don't end up haveing several assets with the same shade of 'red' for example. So:

asset: tree1
    textures: tree1_leaf, tree1_bark
    materials: MAT_tree1_leaf, MAT_tree1_bark

Hope that makes sense, and yes, a lesson learned the hard way for me :confused:

jeromeatunity likes this.
  5. Skrapper

Skrapper

Hello, Starting this series and am hoping to catch up to the last few live sessions. I've already completed the first 4 sessions. I am trying to complete 1-2 per day. So far they seem to be independent pieces of training but I don't know if that continues in the later ones. Would I be able to jump into the January session (Intro to AR) if I don't get caught up with the previous sessions in time? Loving them so far.... Great content. Thanks

6. jeromeatunity

jeromeatunity

Yes, you can jump around and pick topics that suit your learning path / needs. These sessions are independent of one another. If there is required knowledge we will point to the necessary workshop or cover it within the episode.

Glad you find the series useful!

Skrapper likes this.