Search Unity

"Learn about hub here" points to this forum that doesn't say what it is.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by SquidCap, May 6, 2018.

1. SquidCap

SquidCap

Just noticed that when you go to download Unity, it gives the new "hub" feature as an option. Clicking "Learn about Hub here" points to this forum and if you look around.. this forum thread actually NEVER says what the Hub is. I'm sure people who post here know exactly what it is but for a "noob".. it is kind of up to me to google it.

This is quite common; people who work on one feature and the testers/fanboys of that feature forget what it is like to have that "first 5 minutes" experience.

So, to satisfy my curiosity, answer my question and maybe copy past then the answer to top post:

What is Unity Hub and why should i download it?

2. Shinugami

Shinugami

I felt exactly the same way but I knew the explanation would be hidden inside some main thread that might have a poorly worded title and sure enough I was right.
    The thread is called: "Hub Preview Documentation"
    And really they should just write: "What is Hub? Documentation available here."
    But that's what happens when you get people with different opinions of how to express something.
    I would have chosen more specific and concise words.

HUB is described by Unity through this quote:
    "The Unity Hub provides a convenient new way to manage your Unity projects and installations.
    You can use the Hub to create your Project, associate a default version of the Unity Editor with
    the project, and manage the installation of multiple versions of the Editor."

Anyway, enough of my Autistic babble, rather than just reply I've provided a link to the documentation.

Here you go:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Z9lsSVKfrr4agsquOlUs5s1wlfK7Kng95hLQovGDfk/edit