Search Unity

LeanTween - A tweening engine that is up to 5x faster than competing engines!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dentedpixel, Dec 3, 2012.

1. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

I have a ~LeanTween that is not being destroyed and is carried along through scene changes. I am initiating it in a coroutine if that's an issue. Is there a way I can destroy it manually? I tried to check the docs but the website seems to be offline.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public IEnumerator HomeCheckmarkGo()
    2. {
    3.     LeanTween.alpha(homeCheckmark.GetComponent<RectTransform>(),
    4.                     1f, 0.2f).setEase(LeanTweenType.easeInQuad);
    5.     LeanTween.scale(homeCheckmark, new Vector3(1.8f, 1.8f, 1.8f),
    6.                     0.1f).setEase(LeanTweenType.easeInQuad);
    7.     yield return new WaitForSeconds(0.12f);
    9.     LeanTween.scale(homeCheckmark, new Vector3(1f, 1f, 1f),
    10.                     0.08f).setEase(LeanTweenType.easeInQuart);
    11.     yield return new WaitForSeconds(2.2f);
    12. }

2. Grumpy-Dot

Grumpy-Dot

You probably want something like this:

Code (CSharp):
    2. private LTDescr _tween1;
    4. public IEnumerator HomeCheckmarkGo()
    5. {
    6.      if (_tween1 != null)
    7.      {
    8.           LeanTween.cancel(_tween1.id);
    9.           _tween1 = null;[/INDENT]
    10.      }
    12.      LeanTween.alpha(foobar).setEase(LeanTweenType.easeInQuad).setOnComplete(delegate ()
    13.      {
    14.          _tween1 = null;
    15.      });
    16. }
    Please check if this works. I did not test this myself, so I'm not sure if the coroutine can cause issues on tweens.

3. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

Thanks for the code. I couldn't get it to work at first but then discovered there's a lot more going on than I thought. All tweens in all scenes will create a ~LeanTween object but there is never more than one existing at a time. It's not causing any problems so I'm inclined to ignore it for now.

4. kactus223

kactus223

Recently I got multiple Array index out of range exception in LeanTween, most of them come from method cancel.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public static void cancel( GameObject gameObject, bool callOnComplete, TweenAction matchType = TweenAction.NONE ){
    2.         init();
    3.         Transform trans = gameObject.transform;
    4.         for(int i = 0; i <= tweenMaxSearch; i++){
    5.             LTDescr tween = tweens[i];
    6.             if (matchType == TweenAction.NONE || matchType == tween.type) // only match the type if it is specified to a value other than none
    7.             {
    8.                 if (tween != null && tween.toggle && tween.trans == trans)
    9.                 {
    10.                     if (callOnComplete && tween.optional.onComplete != null)
    11.                         tween.optional.onComplete();
    12.                     removeTween(i);
    13.                 }
    14.             }
    15.         }
    16.     }
    I tried debuging and found that the error happens when tweenMaxSearch reaches 400, which equals to the size of tweens array. I'm not sure if I did something wrong.

5. monoRAIL

monoRAIL

I noticed Leantween.alpha() also fades the alpha of children of the gameobject. This was very inconvenient, I had to temporarily unlink all the children so I could do the tween and then re-link them. It would be nice to have an optional boolean argument to not tween children:

Leantween.alpha(gameObject, 1, 1, false); // don't tween children

6. spvn

spvn

Hey I'm currently using LeanTween to move to a transform. What's the easiest way to handle the target transform being destroyed? Ideally, what I want is for the object to be tweened to the transform, but if the transform is destroyed while the tween is running, then change the end value so that it tweens to the transform's last position before it was destroyed. Is there any way to achieve this?

7. Vonwarr

Vonwarr

I'm using LeanTween and overall it's great, but I wanted to bring up a couple of points:

I'm using LTBezierPath to move 2d sprites around. When using
    .setOrientToPath2d(true);
    the sprite is forced to face perpendicular to the motion. Why is that? I was poking at LTBezierPath's place2d function and came up with the following:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void place2d( Transform transform, float ratio ){
    2.     transform.position = point( ratio );
    3.     ratio += 0.001f;
    4.     if(ratio<=1.0f){
    5.         Vector3 v3Dir = point( ratio ) - transform.position;
    7.         // Orients the sprite to the direction it is traveling
    8.         transform.up = v3Dir;
    10.         // Previous method, sets orientation perpendicular to the path
    11.         //float angle = Mathf.Atan2(v3Dir.y, v3Dir.x) * Mathf.Rad2Deg;
    12.         //transform.eulerAngles = new Vector3(0, 0, angle);
    13.     }
    14. }
    Or alternatively, perhaps allow for an path orientation offset to be used for 2d?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public void place2d( Transform transform, float ratio ){
    2.     transform.position = point( ratio );
    3.     ratio += 0.001f;
    4.     if(ratio<=1.0f){
    5.         Vector3 v3Dir = point( ratio ) - transform.position;
    6.         float angle = Mathf.Atan2(v3Dir.y, v3Dir.x) * Mathf.Rad2Deg;
    7.         var offset = 90; // Pass this into the function instead?
    8.         transform.eulerAngles = new Vector3(0, 0, angle - offset);
    9.     }
    10. }
    These were really quick hacks, I would love to hear if there is a reason why the perpendicular orientation is required or why my line of thought is wrong/not performant. I would really prefer not to have to change my GameObject hierarchy to orient to a path, as appears to be the current solution.

As an aside, the documentation on http://dentedpixel.com/LeanTweenDocumentation/classes/LeanTween.html is very out of date.

8. yuliyF

yuliyF

Code (CSharp):
    1.  var seq13 = LeanTween.sequence();
    2.         seq13.append(5f);
    3.         seq13.append(LeanTween.moveLocalY(IcoGold, 100, 1f).setEase(LeanTweenType.easeInElastic));// .setRepeat(-1)
    4.         seq13.append(0.1f);
    5.         seq13.append(LeanTween.moveLocalY(IcoGold, 0, 1f).setEase(LeanTweenType.easeInElastic));
    Can I repeat sequence ? Like this : sequence .Repeat() .. or something

wangzy_88 likes this.
  9. eco_bach

eco_bach

Hi
    the following works great to create a sort of vertical vibrating motion.
    My problem is the amount of movement. Is there any way to make the y value parameter (0.4f in the example) relative instead of absolute?

Code (CSharp):
    1. LeanTween.moveY(gameObject, 0.4f, 0.2f).setEase(LeanTweenType.easeShake).setLoopClamp().setRepeat(-1);

10. Jinxology

Jinxology

Ugh, I'm struggling with something that I'm sure is easy. I'm using .moveSpline(), and I need the sprite to start at a random point along the path. How do I do that?! If I use .place2d after the moveSpline, it doesn't seem to do anything. I'm assuming that moveSpline will immediately overwrite that position.

Code (CSharp):
    2. Vector3[] pts = { new Vector3(631, 194, 0), new Vector3(631, 194, 0), new Vector3(298, 369, 0),
    3.                 new Vector3(324, 179, 0), new Vector3(625, 388, 0), new Vector3(631, 194, 0), new Vector3(631, 194, 0)};
    5. LTSpline path = new LTSpline(pts);
    7. LTDescr spline = LeanTween.moveSpline(gameObject, path, 6f).setEase(LeanTweenType.linear).setLoopCount(999999).setLoopType(LeanTweenType.linear);

11. TylerO

TylerO

I have a question, might have been answered before but can't seem to find an answer via Google search.

I am setting the timeScale to a lower value (to achieve a slow motion effect) and it seems LeanTween isn't slowing down.

Am I forgetting to do something? I am started the tween before the timeScale is changed, maybe I need to update something with my tween after changing the timeScale?

I appreciate any help!

12. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

Use tween.setIgnoreTimeScale (true).

13. TylerO

TylerO

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to do the trick. I was a bit confused by passing in true (wouldn't that make it ignore the timeScale and thus not slow down when I am editing timeScale?) so I tried false as well, but still - no luck.

It's worth noting that I am using
    LeanTween.value()
    to call a method that uses
    Rigidbody.MoveRotation()
    so maybe value doesn't support what I am thinking it should support?

Again, thanks for the quick reply!

14. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

Ah sorry, I misread. I believe that default LeanTween behaviour is to scale time progression with time scale, so this parameter is only needed for unscaled tweens. Weird that it's not behaving the same way for you - I'm using LeanTween pretty much exclusively for custom value tweening methods. Maybe I did some modifications related to time scaling at some point and forgot about them, sorry! :)

15. TylerO

TylerO

No worries!

I've been going through the LT code and on initial glance, it seems like it should work fine, as the default 'delta time' that it seems to use (in my case) is Time.deltaTime.

But obviously I am missing something!

Thanks for the help, hopefully the author will be around and might have some more insight!

16. eco_bach

eco_bach

Just imported latest version to a HDR pipeline using 2019.2.1f1 and getting a lot of strange errors.
    Especially this one

The name 'LeanSmooth' does not exist in the current context

What is going on?

17. Vak_HD

Vak_HD

Anyone know how I could add a parameter so I could choose weather or not to use Time.deltaTime or Time.unscaledDeltaTime for when using calls to like LeanTween.scale() or LeanTween.move()

Asking this for when using for UI when the game is in a paused state.

Thanks.

18. Grumpy-Dot

Grumpy-Dot

19. luke1513

luke1513

Hello. I am animating some cars with Lean Tween and I want them to slow down. Not using .pause() of course, as that instantly stops them. I tried to use Lerp() with the parameter in the .setSpeed() function, slowly decreasing the speed to zero but it's a mess, to the point where it goes backwards. I can't use easing because I need the car to stop sometimes in the middle of the path. Any ideas?

20. jRocket

jRocket

21. Johannski

Johannski

22. sathya

sathya

@Johannski LeanTween allocates around 4.5mb on the launch of the game. Is it normal?
    upload_2020-2-10_11-52-38.png

yuliyF and DarkCooker like this.
  23. Johannski

Johannski

Hi @sathya

No, I would definitely say that is not normal. I just did a quick heck for the GeneralBasic scene with Unity 2019.3 and enabled experimental PlayMode:

upload_2020-2-10_11-34-3.png

I also added a Profiler Sample to easily profile the init code. 260KB is still not nothing, but kind of necessary, since we're creating quite a few arrays at the very beginning. This init code also happens only once each Play.

Can you try to run the GeneralBasic Example scene and give me a bit more background on your Test (Editor or on Platform, Unity Version, Mono or IL2CPP).

24. K0ST4S

K0ST4S

I want to use LeanTween methods with async Task (in order to await execution end). Is it possible to make thread wait for tweening end?

Edit: I solved it by passing event invocation action to setOnComplete() and awaiting that event.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  25. habitoti

habitoti

Just use setOnCompletion(() => {<your completion code here>}) on the tween.

26. paul-velocity

paul-velocity

HELP!

Cant even get lean tween to be recognised .. what am i doing wrong here:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using DentedPixel;
    9. public class Rotater : MonoBehaviour
    10. {
    11.     public GameObject avatarRotate;
    13.     void Start()
    14.     {
    16.         //   transform.Rotate.transform  (Time.speed, 0, 0,);
    17.         GameObject avatarRotate = GameObject.Find("Rotate");
    18.         LeanTween.rotateAround(avatarRotate , Vector3.forward, 360f, 5f);
    20.     }
    "The name leantween does not exist in this context"

Tried with and without : using DentedPixel; or using LeanTween.

Then 2 errors at compile:

Assets\Scripts\Rotater.cs(18,9): error CS0103: The name 'LeanTween' does not exist in the current context
    Assets\Scripts\Rotater.cs(18,32): error CS0103: The name 'Rotate' does not exist in the current context
    etc

Yet the example scenes work fine ..... what am i doing wrong?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  27. Johannski

Johannski

Your example code is correct. The errors say that you're missing LeanTween. I see two possible causes: You haven't included LeanTween in your project or there is another compile error that stops unity from importing LeanTween.

Is there an error in edit mode if you clear the console? If so, you first need to fix that error.

28. NotMyUsernameAgain

NotMyUsernameAgain

Hi everyone,

is there a way to change the Color of an Image component, ie the canvas UI?
    When I use "LeanTween.color" it is asking for GameObject as parameter, and if I use that GameObject no visual change happens.

Also, I'm using this way to check if a tween has finished, for my coroutine. Is this correct?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. while (LeanTween.isTweening(quizBox)) { yield return null; }
    EDIT:
    OK, found it.
    need to pass the RectTransform component

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  29. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if there is a way to have LeanTween as a unity package with its own asmDef instead of an asset store package !?

30. Johannski

Johannski

Yep, I made a fork for packaging it: https://github.com/JohannesDeml/LeanTween
    You can also get it through openupm if you want to :)

Karlbovsky likes this.
  31. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

32. Noblauch

Noblauch

Hey, can anyone help? I just imported LeanTween for the first time in an existing project and I'm getting 72 Errors from LeanTween, this is the first one:
    Assets/LeanTween/Examples/Scripts/GeneralBasic.cs(32,43): error CS1503: Argument 3: cannot convert from 'method group' to 'Action'

32:
    LeanTween.delayedCall(gameObject, 0.2f, advancedExamples);
    All errors come from either
    Assets/LeanTween/Examples/
    or
    Assets/LeanTween/Framework/

It seems like scripts are not able to see each other when inside another folder anymore. I feel like my Visual Studio is completely F***ed up, I have sketchy problems like scripts not finding references or assemblies and all this stuff often the last weeks. Maybe someone knows what to do?

I already tried deleting the project and solution files and letting Unity Regenerate project files in Preferences.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  33. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Hello all, I'm new to LeanTween and tweeting in general, and can only applaud it so far. I have one question though, If I am setting a Game Object to tween and then destroy the object, do I need to cancel the tween beforehand? For example, if I have a Game Object set to loop indefinitely with a tween, then destroy the object either manually, or with a scene change, could that cause any potential errors or memory leaks? Thanks.

34. HNKMaster

HNKMaster

Hi, I want to know if I can get the current velocity (vector3) and direction of an object being moved with Leantween?

35. BryanCote

BryanCote

Having same issue. Did you figure it out?

36. John-B

John-B

I'm updating some older projects, and I see that LeanTween hasn't been updated since October, 2018. Is LeanTween still being supported? Will is receive future updates? I'd like to future-proof my projects as much as possible, and if I'm going to have to switch animation engines (yet again), I'd rather do it now during this update cycle rather than put it off. Thanks.

37. Hungry-Lion

Hungry-Lion

Hi, can we use this to change the alpha value on a UI image element? Like a fade in fade out.

38. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

Looks like the answer is to use DoTween

39. jRocket

jRocket

There is an updated package manager version of LeanTween on Github. It still works fine. I don't like DoTween because it's way more complicated and adds a lot of API bloat to your project and has an editor integration with some weird setup step you have to go through before you use it. Why? I would rather just have the code and not have yet another menu in my Unity editor.

40. chadfranklin47

chadfranklin47

That's true.

41. jasonrbrock

jasonrbrock

Hi, just started receiving "LeanTween - You have run out of available spaces for tweening." errors.
    Understand a fix is to increase the number of spaces available, but this seems like a band-aid fix, anyone debugged and fixed this without changing the 800 spaces value?

42. AntLewis

AntLewis

Hey can anyone tell me why this won't fade an audiosource volue to 0?

Code (CSharp):
    1.     public AudioSource m_audiosource;
    3.     // Start is called before the first frame update
    4.     void Start()
    5.     {
    6.         LeanTween.value(gameObject, m_audiosource.volume, 0.0f, 3f).setOnComplete(() =>
    7.         {
    8.             Debug.Log("Done");
    10.         });
    13.     }

43. CWatsonT2

CWatsonT2

Can you use lean tween to move something without setting the time? I need things to move a set speed. I'm currently using iTween and it lets you set a speed instead of a time. Is this possible with lean tween?

44. AntLewis

AntLewis

@dentedpixel ?

45. blablaalb

blablaalb

Can someone please clarify to me what the first and last values in LTSpline do and what they are used for? I have a collection of waypoints that I want a character to move along, without using navigation mesh. I tried
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Vector3[] waypoints;
    2. float time;
    3. LeanTween.Move(gameObject, waypoints, time)
    but it gave me an error (I can't recall what error it was).
    Then I tried
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Vector3[] waypoints;
    2. float time;
    3. LeanTween.moveSpline(gameObject, waypoints, time);
    And it kind of worked but the character didn't reach the last waypoint. Then I added two extra Vector3 variables at the beginning and at the end of the array and it works now! What I don't understand is what those two variables are used for? Documentation says the following:
    but I'm still struggling to understand when and why it might be used. Can someone give me an example, please.

46. zackblack

zackblack

I just purchased LeanTween Editor on the asset store for use in Unity 2019.4. When I try to add a Tween to a new Group it starts throwing null reference errors. Is there a fix for this?

47. JeffNIAR

JeffNIAR

Is it possible to control the tangent directions numerically for the start and stop, or at least visualize them with a gizmo? I am trying to match some paths together and there is slight hiccup due to the tangentcy mismatch. Example, car moves forward going to the right, stops, and then goes backwards to the left. Kind of like a 2 point turn.

48. aadityakirans

aadityakirans

Hi, enjoying your package. I was wondering if there was any way to change the speed of a tween while it was in progress? I have a 2D game that I'm working on which has a conveyor belt system. I need to change the speed of it at will. I had started to implement the movement of the items on the conveyor through tween. I can't see a way to change the speed in between tweening. Is that possible? Is that something that you could implement?

49. iftah

iftah

Thank you for your great asset, I am trying to move an object through a set of points using a linear path, I used the move function with the easing type LeanTweenType.linear, but the path generated by LeanTween is not linear, am I missing something?
    Thanks a lot for your help.

50. Asad-Mehar

Asad-Mehar

Hi, anyone knows how to use LeanTween to animate an object even when timeScale is set to zero?
    For example:- this line of code doesn't work if the time.scale is zero. Is there any flag/function to ignore timeScale?
    LeanTween.move(gameObject.GetComponent<RectTransform>(), destPos, timeAnim).setEase(_animType);