Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug "Leaked BatchRendererGroup" error requires restart to go away

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by HyperionSniper, Dec 17, 2022.

1. HyperionSniper

HyperionSniper

After I enter play mode then exit it for the first time, this error spams every frame from that point on, even in edit mode(e.g. when you mouse over & it renders at low fps):

Leaked BatchRendererGroup: Native object doesn't have a handle in the scripting domain.
    Potentially indicates a problem with domain load/unload.

I have it set to fully reload everything upon entering play mode, but that doesn't do anything to stop the error spam, so this does seem to indicate a problem with domain load/unload, as in the error message. Apparently BatchRendererGroup is an SRP thing used in Entities Graphics, but I have no idea besides that about what could be causing this. I didn't find any way to stop it other than restarting Unity. Also, I recently reimported because of another bug causing Unity to not recognize MonoBehaviours.
    I'm using Entities packages version 1.0.0-pre.15 with Unity 2022.2b16.

Google turned up literally zero results, so I'm at a loss. Does anyone have a fix?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    Arnold_2013 and cchute like this.
  2. cchute

cchute

I second this, Please Unity get control of your QA! I'm losing hours of productivity each week because the editor crashes every 5 minutes. I've sent them a bug report, but somehow the QA team can never 'reproduce' the issue. Even though it happens all the time.

3. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are trying to develop a fix for this.

Ksanone likes this.
  4. OffgridChris

OffgridChris

I too am having this issue. If it helps, I updated to entities 1.0.0-pre.15 and completed the upgrade steps listed here, all except upgrading transforms to v2 and all seemed to be working.

But after upgrading transforms to v2, I get this error very often.

5. HyperionSniper

HyperionSniper

Just in case it helps, anecdotally, 2022.2.1f1 seems to have the issue less often. In 2 weeks of using it, I had a few days without the error spam. The error spam seems to happen more when there is some other leak.

6. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

This issue should be fixed in 2022.2.3f1