Search Unity

League of Legends Attack marker

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by blaze, Jun 6, 2014.

1. blaze

blaze

Hello, I need some help. I'm want to achieve a attack marker like the League of Legends has. It's very strange to me, I was thinking that Projectors could make it, but the markers seems to ignore the meshes below it, not mixing to the texture.

Then I thought it would be an UI element, but it seems to come from below the character. You can see, that it starts from the feet of the character and everything else forward, even if it is taller than the character get overlapped by it.

The question is, how I can get that result. I just want to know how could I do that. It seems alien technology to me.

Could it be a Post Processing feature?

2. pjde_

pjde_

Maybe you could do this with two objects (for the first screenshot you showed especially).

-The first is an empty one at the center of the player with the rotation always set to where the mouse is from it
    -The second is a child of the first that just displays the sprite and of course rotates with the first object

And i'm guessing when a player presses the ability button, a public static bool attached to the second object makes it true which in turns makes the sprite visible.

Hope that helped.

3. blaze

blaze

But how I can do it overlay everything?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  4. pjde_

pjde_

Well let's not forget that League of Legends is a top of down so there's only one perspective to it so I guess you can just put the first object high above the player to the point where it overlaps everything.

In a full fledged 3D game with multiple perspective however this would be pretty hard to do.

5. blaze

blaze

I starts below the player and get higher than everything else. Is not a high mesh.
    It seems like a shader or something like it.

6. Pelajesh

Pelajesh

blaze and pjde_ like this.
  7. ippdev

ippdev

Set up a GUI/HUD camera with it set to only the GUI/HUD layer.. Place your widgets on that layer.

unityunity