Search Unity

LDRP - Can't select baked lighting mode

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by khalvr, Jan 28, 2019.

1. khalvr

khalvr

I am experimenting some with lighting an indoor scene with the new LD pipeline, but i noticed that for some reason, i can only select "Subtractive" light mode - all other modes are greyed out. I want to use Baked Indirect, which according to the manual is supported by the platform. So far, i've tried switching platforms (form Android to PC), restarting unity, searching quality settings for any limitations on this (the previously available "shadowmask mode" is not editable in the RP settings, though it might not be supported). Is there any reason why i can only use Subtractive?

I also noticed that indirect light bouncing doesn't really work for surfaces facing directly away from the main light source... i'm not sure why, but they end up practically black. I am using 4 bounces and 4x environment intensity, so it should light up properly.

2. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Hi,

What version are you using of Unity and the package? At the start, not a lot of modes where supported, so you might just have an old version.

Cheers!

3. khalvr

khalvr

The project was using 2018.3.

4. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Yes, but what version of the LDRP?

5. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Baked Indirect and Shadowmask modes are not currently supported in LWRP, but are on the roadmap.

6. khalvr

khalvr

7. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately Baked Indirect has slipped due to other features taking priority, at first it seemed it was supported but it turned out the occlusion data baked into the light probes was not accounted for so true mixed lighting was not possible.
    There is a branch with working occlusion probes in it on the SRP repo, but this has yet to be made into a PR and tested so is at risk of not making it into 19.1(the original plan) and potentially will be delayed until 19.2.
    We have had to prioritise both some internal API and a Camera Stacking system as these were deemed to be much more important to land at release.

kristijonas_unity likes this.
  8. khalvr

khalvr

OK, Thanks for letting me know! Personally, i think it would make sense to have included Baked Indirect as an option despite this caveat, since not everyone needs light probes. I guess i should wait another 6 months before i start using LWRP then.

9. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Well if you really want to you can just edit this line in the LightweightRenderPipeline.cs

This is what I do in the BoatAttack demo to bake in the lighting, this will allow you to choose Baked Indirect, but you will have issues with mixed lights until we merge in the occlusion probe fix.

Adam-Bailey and khalvr like this.