Search Unity

LDC (Localized Dialogs & Cutscenes) - Powerful and intuitive Dialog System with tons of features!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by melgeorgiou, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Siddhattha

Siddhattha

Mel.. I have few wish list for LDC
    1) Insert / copy/ paste / duplicate dialogue within the flow ( at least insert new )
    it is time consuming rearranging the numbers or moving up and down..

2) Inserting images, you have fade in , fade out, show.. It would be great to have more.. like scroll , SHAKE ( it is one of NV writers favorite ) , etc

3) Panning and zooming feature with a cam2DD for cutscenes....
    So we can show a little presentation before starting the dialogue..

Right now I am using A.C with cutscene and call LDC modules.

4) Animations are played in loop . It would be nice to have a check box to play once or in loop

5) If a navigational block have a END DIALOGUE , That particular block/panel have different color.

6) A quick start tutorial on RT-Voice with demo ( I saw your youtube )

2. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Added to the wishlist :)

3. sonicviz

sonicviz

Hi,

I'm curious about the new system under development.

My use case is VR and Text Mesh Pro.

ty!

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  4. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @sonicviz

It's still in the R&D phase right now but it is on the road map. :)

I've been prioritising some other tools I'm working on first, which is why I added VR support to LDC v6 in the meantime.

- Mel

5. odysoftware

odysoftware

Hey there Mel,

just for your info - the german translation of buttons is kinda wrong :)

The "No" button should be "Nein" (Nicht = is in German more like "nothing")
    The "Next" button should be "Weiter" (You don't say "nächster" in this case and as you in your code, the encoding of "ä" is also causing issues..).

I fixed it locally now but it would be great to update your codebase to have it correct when updating in future.

Thanks a lot,
    Oliver

6. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for letting me know, I'll roll it into the next update :)

- Mel

odysoftware likes this.
  7. odysoftware

odysoftware

Awesome :)

BTW is there an easy way to fade out the whole dialog at the end of a dialog/conversation or maybe I am missing something...?

What I mean is the main actor itself is always fading in out and this can be well controlled via the Navigation options. But if there are any additional actors put in via the Actions Actors layers - then at the end of the dialog they are not fading out, they are just disappearing instantly (which doesn't look smooth). It would be great to fade the whole dialog scene out at the end of the conversion.

The only way I can do this right now would be by making another "empty" dialog step and using the Actions Fade out all actors layers. But then there is still the next button I need to click and nothing is shown anymore. So I am seeking something like "Fade out all actors layers" at the end of the current dialog - not at the beginning - or just fade everything out at the end...

Thanks for your help,
    Oliver

8. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi Oliver,

Please send me a pm / email with your invoice number and I'll be happy to offer some suggestions! :)

- Mel

9. adhdchris

adhdchris

@melgeorgiou I just purchased the asset and realized that Localization is hardcoded to 10 languages. As such, the asset is unusable in our project and I'd like to ask for a refund. I couldn't find any contact info on your support page, so here I am, asking for refunds in your forum thread :)

10. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @adhdchris,

Please send me a PM with your invoice number and we'll take it from there :)

- Mel

11. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

DataKit_Header.png

Hi everyone,

I've just released a new tool called Data Kit - The Reimagined Data Serialization System For Unity.

DataKit is a unique cross-platform data serialization system to automatically handle most aspects of saving and loading your game's data. Features include local and global data, save slots, save points, data groups, obfuscation, encryption and even automatic screenshots. Another great DataKit feature is the intuitive visual debugger, allowing you to view, edit, delete and restore your serialized data in real-time while testing your games in the Editor! DataKit is a powerful core asset that any game project would benefit from!

As with all of my Unity plugins, it uses visual inspectors in an effort to make things as easy to use as possible (although some scripting is required). There are quite a few tutorial videos on the DataKit forum page but please check out this introduction video to see how DataKit can help with your own projects!

DataKit is currently on sale with a 50% launch discount! For more information about DataKit check out the Asset Store page HERE. If you have any questions or suggestions for DataKit, please use its own unity forum page HERE.

... OK, now back to LDC! :)

- Mel

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  12. capu087

capu087

Hello, I'm using the multiple buttons form for a game and the more choices (buttons) there is, the bigger the space below increases, as you can see in the red rectangle
    2 choices:

4 choices:

I configured all I can in the DialogSkin (the Margin, Padding, Overflow, Content Offset, Fixed Width/Height) in the skins Button, Custom Styles > Pannel Box and Custom Styles > Button Offset, and have most values to default so that it works the same for every case.

I could configure the DialogSkins somehow by changing some values depending on the number of choices, but it's not generic (and I don't know how I can change a DialogSkin by code, and if it is even possible).

Thanks in advance

13. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @capu087,

Please send me a PM / Email with your invoice number and I'll be happy to offer some suggestions! :)

- Mel

14. capu087

capu087

Hey mel, is there a way to play a sound when we hover a button?
    As found in the documentation, I tried these two options:
    upload_2019-8-29_13-52-17.png

However, the Select sound plays when the button is clicked/pressed, and the focus changes seem to do nothing.

Thanks in advance!

15. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @capu087,

The focus audio changes when using the keyboard / joypad to switch focus to different buttons.

There currently isn't a way to add mouseover audio but I'll add this request to the wish list! :)

- Mel

capu087 likes this.
  16. capu087

capu087

Thanks for your answer :)

Is there a way to do this by changing the source code? Or some hack hehe?
    If it's not possible it's okay, it's not so important.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  17. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @capu087,

Unfortunately not I'm afraid, it needs to be part of the core GUI code :(

18. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @capu087,

Yep, you can use images as backgrounds to panels, buttons, etc. You just need to apply it to your skins.

It's always best to backup your project as well as the current GUISkins first so you can restore them if necessary.

If you have specific questions about that, feel free to send me a PM / Email :)

- Mel

19. capu087

capu087

Oops, you answered too fast before I coul'd correct my message! (Misstyped on enter)

Okay no probs don't worry! Thanks a lot for your fast answers :)

I just remembered I have another question about the DialogSkins.
    We can use images as background for each object type:
    upload_2019-8-29_15-10-31.png
    but I wondered if it's possible to use the "Tiled" option like here:
    upload_2019-8-29_15-9-50.png
    The type used seem to be Simple, and my background boxes get stretched because of that :(

EDIT to answer your next message: Applogizes :((

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  20. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @capu087,

Please refer to the PM I just sent you! :)

- Mel

21. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

22. Siddhattha

Siddhattha

The last post here is like Jan 5th 2020
    I just came to peep if all are fine
    now it is 11th Feb 2021
    More than a year
    is anyone home?

23. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @Siddhattha ,

... Yep, still here! :)

Most support requests tend to come in through email now! :)

- Mel

Siddhattha likes this.
  24. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi everyone,

Just a quick announcement to let everyone know that unfortunately Yandex.Translate ( the API behind LDC's automatic translation functionality over the last 8 years ) has recently changed its API to become a commercial service and is no longer free. Some of you may have noticed that automatic one-click translation features no longer work.

I'll be trying to find a way to allow users to purchase their own Yandex keys to use within LDC to restore the previous functionality in a future update ( this appears to start at $15 for up to 5 million characters ). I apologise about this but obviously I cannot control how Yandex ( as well as Google, etc ) choose to monetize their APIs.

As a workaround, you can use either Yandex or Google's translate websites to copy and paste translations into the relevant LDC localization tabs. It's not as easy as a single click, but at least a 'free' workflow is still possible.

Thanks! :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  25. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

LDC v6.3 IS NOW AVAILABLE ON MY SITE!

IMPORTANT: ALWAYS BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING!

LDC Direct Website Link
    http://unitygamesdevelopment.co.uk/downloads/ldc-localized-dialogs-cutscene-plugin-for-unity/

Hi everyone!

I'm sure that many of you now know that Yandex's Auto-Translation API ( which has been a part of LDC and free for the last 10 years ) has unfortunately switched to a commercial "paid" model. This is why you may have noticed your auto-translations no longer working in the Editor.

Unfortunately this was entirely out of my control but I have found a way for users to re-enable the feature if they choose to. As well as some bugfixes, LDC 6.3 allows users to purchase their own Yandex API keys and enter them in the new LDC tab in the Unity Preferences window.

LDC Preferences.png

You can now optionally purchase a Yandex API key by creating an account at the Yandex Translate website. After setting up your account and adding some credit ( I believe the minimum is $15 ) you will be allowed to create a new API key that can be used directly in LDC.

It should be available on the Unity Asset Store soon! :)

Thanks!

- Mel

hippobob likes this.
  26. hippobob

hippobob

upload_2023-11-25_13-9-51.png Hi, I have purchased all your assets, but I suddenly found that the documents cannot be downloaded today. Could you sort it out, please? Thank you very much!

My Email is 919375734@qq.com

27. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

@hippobob,

That's very strange. If Unity isn't allowing you to download them, I think you need to reach out to them to ask why ( I'm not in charge of that, it's an asset store issue ). As far as I know, this isn't happening to anyone else?

Hope that helps!

EDIT: I just realised you were talking about some of the links on the asset store page itself. I thought you meant you couldn't download the actual assets. I've updated them now! :)

- Mel

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
  28. hippobob

hippobob

Hello, thank you very much for your reply!

I have already downloaded the resource in unity. I found that there are documents in it, but the documents on your website can't be opened... XD

Then, I want to ask, can't you keep the dialog box forever? It's when I don't do anything and I don't get to the next conversation in seconds.
    Does it have to be a very large time? I tried for 0 seconds or -1 seconds. It didn't work out...

Attached Files:

29. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @hippobob ,

I'll be happy to help, but can you please email me via my contact form here or PM me. Please make sure to add your Unity Invoice ID for LDC (you should be able to find this on your receipt).

- Mel

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
  30. hippobob

hippobob

I found that I had to set a time for the dialog, not zero seconds, which would lead to the next dialog. If you want to keep the world for a long time, you have to set a big time, which I think is not good. Is there any other way?

And I sent you an E-mail.

melgeorgiou likes this.
  31. melgeorgiou

melgeorgiou

Hi @hippobob

Yep, there is a very simple solution :)

Please check your email!

- Mel