Search Unity

ld: file is universal (2 slices) but does not contain a(n) armv7s slice:

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Hemingway72, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Hemingway72

Hemingway72

Just forked out $400 for the iOS version of Unity.
    Firstly, documentation for the iOS version is terrible (i.e. non-existant).

Secondly, when I tried to run the Roll-a-ball example app, I get the following error:
    ld: file is universal (2 slices) but does not contain a(n) armv7s slice: /Users/cnelson/Dropbox/Documents/2012/Unity/Roll-a-Ball/MyRoll-a-ball/Libraries/libiPhone-lib.a for architecture armv7s

From what I've read on StackOverflow this is an xCode 4.5/iOS 6 issue.

Anyone know of any fixes?

Thanks in advance:/

2. Mat Miller

Mat Miller

Got the same problem since updating XCode. To work around it, in the XCode project, change the Architecture from "$(ARCHS_STANDARD_32_BIT)" to armv7. "$(ARCHS_STANDARD_32_BIT)" expands to something like armv7, armv7s and the current unity editor doesn't seem to export the correct symbols for armv7s.

We'll have to wait for unity to provide an update that generates an correct libiPhone-lib.a with the armv7s support.

3. Vedad

Vedad

I just ran into this problem today with XCode 4.5.2 and Unity 3.5.6f4. I haven't been able to find anything having Unity claim this is an issue on their end with an estimated update to fix this. Anybody have any updates on this?

4. Schnelle

Schnelle

Change the Target Platform to armv7 in the Build Settings inside Unity and see if that fixes it. I don't have this issue when building to iOS. The project correctly says armv7 only in the Architecture inside the generated xcode project's build settings.

5. colab_dev1

colab_dev1

This doesn't seem to be working anymore. I'm running Unity4.6, and no matter where I set the iOS target I get a libiPhone-lib.a without the armv7s slice. Total show stopper for me as the 3rd party lib I'm writing a plug-in for is armv7s only. Either way the linker bails. :-(