Search Unity

LazyLayout : Easy to use layout manager/switcher for Unity-GUI (No longer supported)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by LightYarn, May 7, 2015.

1. LightYarn

LightYarn

Not necessarily.
    But as I said before, unfortunately there are not many users that think like you grimmy :(
    LazyLayout sold less than 10 times in more than a year but on the other side it takes quite a lot to constantly improve/adapt it. I would love to put more time on this project but sadly I have to manage my time (and with this my monthly earnings).

The price drop is like a "clutch at any straw" and maybe LL will get more attention.

2. NeedNap

NeedNap

Hi, I think your plugin is very awesome!
    I have some problem using it so I hope you can help me with this scenario:

- I created my smartphone and tablet layout (portrait and landscape version) in Photoshop fixing the "canvas" width to 1024 (and height to 768) so I have only one reference canvas size used to position all the UI objects. In the canvas I set the "Match Width or Height" to Width because the layout content can scroll vertically

- I tried to define smartphone 16:9 portrait version with 5 inches minimum device size but testing it in the Unity Editor I get the error "--LAZYLAYOUT ERROR-- COULD NOT FIND ANY LAYOUT FOR DEVICE SIZE -4.43281- AND AN ASPECT RATIO OF -SixteenNine_Portrait- (0.5625)". What's the mistake? I tried defining a fallback layout with 2 inches min size but I get the same error! I can't debug your code because is in dll format so I can't understand what's going wrong. I tried to "print" the LazyLayout_DPIHelper.GetCorrectScreenSize() value and I get 3.906317 on iPhone 5 Tall (16:9) device simulation resolution.
    If I set a fallback layout, for example with 3 min device inches size, 16:9 portrait, I get the same error.

UPDATE:
    I found the problem: there is a new flag on the Game window "Low Resolution Aspect Ratios" used to simulate the "non retina" display and I have this flag on. If I set it off, I get the right result.

- I have many scenes in the Unity project: should I define all the layout for each scenes manually? Can I do some copy/paste from the first scene I created?

I need you help and some suggestion as soon as possibile because I had to publish my app in the next weeks.
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  3. LightYarn

LightYarn

Hi NeedNap,

referring to my last Post #51 it's difficult for me to keep up the support for LazyLayout.
    I will try to address your problem in my spare time but I cannot promise to fix all of them :(

Right now LL is in review for one last update which will make it free and as soon as it gets updated in the asset store I will completely stop the support.

Its hard to keep up when the plugin itself (and thus the support) is quite complicated but does not get any interest in the asset store :-/

4. NeedNap

NeedNap

Hi LightYarn,
    thank you for your fast reply.

I understand your position and I'll try to solve my issue by myself.

5. jGate99

jGate99

@NeedNap
    I dont intend to hijack this thread but as @LightYarn has already mentioned that he has stoppped further development due to lack of support from community.

So here is a link to another Plugin that has a similar Layout Feature already working with Aspact Ratios. You can ask the auther to provide physical size based lazy layout too
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/new-ui-widgets.297353

A disclaimer, i dont get any commision, im just one of the very very happiest customer of New UI Widgets and love both this plugin and its author to the heart.

His author @ilih listens to every single request and make sure his customers get those fixes and features. Interestingly he added a lazy layout feature just on a customer's request who didnt want to use some other external asset.

6. NeedNap

NeedNap

Thank you @JohnGate.
    I have a project release date very close so I can't insert other plugin now.
    Thank you for your suggestion.

jGate99 likes this.
  7. jGate99

jGate99

np, and good luck with project :)