Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Layouts dropdown in main toolbar

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by Peter77, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

From the a18 release notes:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/alpha/2020.2.0a18

I personally never ever used this dropdown in main toolbar and don't see a need to use it. Do you have stats if it's used? I always thought of it as wasting GUI space for something more important.

2. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

I use it myself pretty much every day, very good tool to quickly switch your current focus (like managing Addressables, then going in Play Mode for testing, or to re-organize your layout to work with ShaderGraph or another graph tool)

Peter77 likes this.
  3. AliAlbarrak

AliAlbarrak

Same here. I use it to quickly switch between designing for phone or for tablet since I work a lot on game UI.

4. Baste

Baste

I use it every now and again when something internal breaks and "reset layout to default" is the only way to fix Unity crashing/spewing errors.

5. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

A bunch of people on internal productions here do use it (mostly artists -- often use separate layouts for different "tasks"). Before 2019.3 the dropdown was wider, but got more narrow with the new UI theme; this change just restores a bit of the width back.

6. I use that all the time. I have different, optimized layouts for different tasks (like level creation, general coding, vfx editing, animation editing, etc). When I start to work on some special tasks and I know it is not a one shot I switch layout so everything is there what is really needed.