Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

layers, avatar mask .. fixed myself

Discussion in 'Animation' started by CaoMengde777, Nov 25, 2014.

1. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

so... does avatar mask only work with humanoid?? .. because i have it generic..
    i need the top half of his body to rotate 180 degrees(his absolute right, abs left)... if i put on humanoid it restricts his movement to like.. 115 degrees or something...
    (he moves not like a person could move in reality.. but thats why games exist right? to do things you cant do..)
    ... ughh..

okay, so i make a avatar mask,
    and i click use skeleton from - baseSoldierAvatar

and i press import... nothing happens, nothings saved..

.. i do have an extra bone that the gun is attached to, this is so that i animate it hanging by strap on his chest (instead of disappearing the gun) .. also i have no finger bones.. (player views character from overhead)

also is there a way to put humanoid, and not restrict movement to realistic ability? (or is the extra gun bone messing with humanoid setting?)

and wtf!!?? how does my animations change??.. i mess with import avatar and stuff, and the animations change.. mann this is all sorts of crappy lol :p

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

i figured it out...
    i was just going by the written documentation .. the manual.. but now i found a unity video about it..

the problem I was having, is that i just assumed that the "transform/skeleton from" part of the avatar mask was a requirement.. to have them all checked... haha..

but no, i just checkmark the parts there that i want to be part of the mask..

still dont get why it messed with my animations.. but ill just reimport my backup.. and its all fine