Search Unity

layers, avatar mask .. fixed myself

Discussion in 'Animation' started by CaoMengde777, Nov 25, 2014.

1. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

so... does avatar mask only work with humanoid?? .. because i have it generic..
    i need the top half of his body to rotate 180 degrees(his absolute right, abs left)... if i put on humanoid it restricts his movement to like.. 115 degrees or something...
    (he moves not like a person could move in reality.. but thats why games exist right? to do things you cant do..)
    ... ughh..

okay, so i make a avatar mask,
    and i click use skeleton from - baseSoldierAvatar

and i press import... nothing happens, nothings saved..

.. i do have an extra bone that the gun is attached to, this is so that i animate it hanging by strap on his chest (instead of disappearing the gun) .. also i have no finger bones.. (player views character from overhead)

also is there a way to put humanoid, and not restrict movement to realistic ability? (or is the extra gun bone messing with humanoid setting?)

and wtf!!?? how does my animations change??.. i mess with import avatar and stuff, and the animations change.. mann this is all sorts of crappy lol :p

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  2. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

i figured it out...
    i was just going by the written documentation .. the manual.. but now i found a unity video about it..

the problem I was having, is that i just assumed that the "transform/skeleton from" part of the avatar mask was a requirement.. to have them all checked... haha..

but no, i just checkmark the parts there that i want to be part of the mask..

still dont get why it messed with my animations.. but ill just reimport my backup.. and its all fine