Search Unity

Bug Layered Materials (HDRP/Layeredlit) tiling breaking in Play Mode [Unity 2019.4.16f1]

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Logology101, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Logology101

Logology101

I'm using a few layered materials in this project that all appear just fine in the editor and game windows, until I hit play, and then all of the layered materials in the scene break.

The tiling of textures in the layered material look as if they're displaying at 1x1, but I've checked in the editor and the tiling values themselves aren't changing from what I have them set at.

Here is an image of the scene when not in play mode: upload_2020-12-18_16-35-41.png

Here is what happens when I go into play mode:
    upload_2020-12-18_16-37-39.png

As you can see, the meshes with layered materials applied are now super low-rez and muddy. Note the landscape is a mesh and not a unity terrain object.

I've created other layered materials in other projects without issue, the below image is of a properly displaying layered material (the grass and cobblestone path) for a project in Unity 2019.4.2f1, also HDRP

Note this one only has 2 layers and the one I'm having issues with has 4, that's the only major difference between them that I could find.
    upload_2020-12-18_16-52-39.png upload_2020-12-18_16-53-56.png

Has anyone else seen this issue? I have never seen it before so maybe it's a setting I accidentally switched somewhere that's done it but so far all of my attempts at fixing it have failed.

2. Logology101

Logology101

I figured it out, I had the "lock to 123 tiling" setting checked on and even though it looked correct in the editor for some reason that setting wasn't taking effect until in play mode, which seems like a different bug but I have fixed my issue.