Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Layer mask avatar issue

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Jeepster, Aug 10, 2018 at 11:04 AM.

1. Jeepster

Jeepster

Hi,

I've got some movement animations and some shooting animations that I want to apply to several characters that I imported without any animations on them.

How can I tell unity that the shooting animations should only apply to the arms of the characters?

I know about the import settings animation tab where you can select the shooting animation and define what part of the mechanim character should be affected by the animation and that's exactly what I need except it doesn't show/work when you import characters and animations separately. Any ideas as to how I can make this work when the characters don't have the animations imported with them?

2. Jeepster

Jeepster