Search Unity

LawMaker Engine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yellowlabrador, May 8, 2006.

1. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

2. taumel

taumel

Nice. Meanwhile there are tons of engines like this on the market for windows. Sounds expensive as they don't dare to offer a price. Well, others also don't dare...

Regards,

taumel

3. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

Emailed their sales dept. and ask a few q's.

Pricing:

We offer a variety of licensing model. For our 'weekend warrior', it ranges from $299 to $499 and comes with the full development suite as well as our development wiki doc site and forum.

The commercial license starts at $1499.99 and provides greater support and updates. Details on both of these can be given if you are interested in doing the eval.

Platform

Currently, the build is only for Windows (tested on all flavors) - We do have a linux and Mac build but because of the lack of request we do not include it. Though if you are looking into the linux market, we can get you a build as a licensee.

We do have older gen code for PS2 and Xbox but have not fully commited to its completion.

Their AI includes built in scripts using A*, Dykjstra FSM I think.

"Would love to see some of their feature in Unity."
    Maybe we will have those features in the next release, like version 1.5 :) :wink:

Ray

4. taumel

taumel

It would be interesting to know what your allowed to do with the so called "weekend warrior" edition...

But as i said there are a lot of engines like this for windows with the focus on windows and consoles. I have no oversight above them, especially the price. Like with unity they mostly emerge when a small team starts their own game and therefore writes their own dev-tools. Depnding on the case they offer the tool to licence immediately or after they've finsihed the game and enhance this or that for a more general useage...

By the way just out of interest as i've seen some videos: Does anyone know in which league gamebryo plays, price and license wise?

Regards,

taumel

5. drJones

drJones

6. taumel

taumel

7. drJones

drJones

i'm not sure really, its just a good reference starting point in my opinion, though gambryo renderware are two of the well known heavyweights in the industry.