Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Launching any Unity app in Windows Mixed Reality Immersive Headset renders black

Discussion in '2017.2 Beta' started by Katerpilet, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Katerpilet

Katerpilet

Trying to launch a basic default Unity app in the headset only renders an entirely black display. I can interact with the the app when I launch to VR from editor, but not when I create an actual "Universal Windows Platform" project. I tried launch another app on my device (HoloTour), and I also get a black screen. I noticed an issue listed on here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/immersive_headset_support#graphics_card but I am using a desktop with a GTX 970. Everything works as expected (both HoloTour and the default Unity app launch as expected) on my other PC which has a GTX 1080.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

We are tracking the issue and have a fix in the works to address the issue, let us know if you have questions.

Thank you,
    Wesley

3. hridpath

hridpath

Any Idea as to when this will be fixed for the Hololens? I see that the MR HMDs are fixed.