Search Unity

Launch a Unity Application from Android Studio

Discussion in 'Android' started by tin_liminal, May 15, 2019.

1. tin_liminal

tin_liminal

Hey guys,

We want to be able to launch different Unity Applications on an android phone from an Android Studio Application. These Unity Applications won't be installed but instead downloaded from s3 (storage).

Does anyone know or can think of a way?

Thanks!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

This will require your users to take special steps to "Allow apps from untrusted sources". This might work with your friends and family, but generally users will be cautious for security reasons. Do you have an Android Studio app already developed/started?

3. tin_liminal

tin_liminal

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
    I also realized I didn't mention the need for Multiple Instances.

We have a live project running on Oculus Go which has the capability to download a binary file containing Unity Asset bundle & scripts.

At the moment there are maybe 14 experiences, so when we went from 2017 > 2018, upgrading all of those were okay but moving forward we want to avoid that situation.

So we want to be able to publish an App that can run both Unity version 2017 and 2018.

I've recently was able to set up an android studio project that launches 2017 and 2018 but only one at a time.

Current Issue:
    When building the Android Studio Application, I'd get an error mentioning multiple libunity.so and other jniLib .so clashes. So I need a way to be able to build the Android Studio application including the libunity.so from both 2017 and 2018, potentially 2019.

Renaming the library and dynamically loading them with loadLibrary would give me the error "Failure to Initialize, your hardware does not support this application, sorry!

The log also says: E/Unity: Unable to find main

Last edited: May 20, 2019